1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw the Chinese government. I stand with Morey and Hong Kong and the NBA should support HOU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Organ harvesting is technically illegal but the racket is run by government officials so I guess you can take it either way. There are probably many variations of this but they basically come down to killing inmates for their organs and then call death some sort of accident or in the case of inmates on death penalty they simply carry out the execution.

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Meh, America isn’t telling Hong Kong what to think. China is, and HK doesn’t like it.

You can’t say everyone acted appropriately without even mentioning the core issues.

3. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Am I with the govt or sth? Why every time we defend for China first thing u guys think is he/she must be a BOT? Lol

You know what I don’t like? As a native Chinese with Canada PR I don’t deny all those sins China govt really did. But I never believe in stuffs that either aren’t true (from my >30 yrs experience + my friends + family’s as compared to yours 5 yr experience) or extremely exaggerated.

Esp in a forum full of ppl not even visited China, all of their image of China may only come from the stinky old China Towns and kinda mind controlled by the media with an unfair picture of evil China, your one sided criticism didn’t expose the truth, but rather add oil to the fire 火上浇油or 添乱. It’s partially true but one sided.

It’s like I kept telling ppl hey Americans hv guns they hv gunshots at schools all the time. It’s partially true but exaggerated and surely does not represent US.

It’s like you keep telling ppl hey you know Chinese eat dogs? It’s true for a certain village 广西玉林市but obviously don’t represent China. You know what, if you search google “Chinese eat dogs” is all they learned (oh and eat Babies, regardless of the fact that’s a photoshopped picture plus some rumors). Even I’m Shanghainese but now Im a guy that eat dogs to the West ppl. You think it’s Fair?

If you are talking abt university students or 90s. Trust me I met and know 10x times more ppl than you do from more regions coming from broader range of backgrounds. Local Beijingers not only heard of it, a lot of them actually experienced that and passed that knowledge to the young gen. The young gen themselves also travel abroad more than old gen, and they hv way more opportunities to learn those censored sins.

But the truth is, lots of those antiCCP stuffs on YouTube are either not true or exaggerated. And more importantly that is not the center of our life. Esp if the govt is not repeating the same mistake. Who you think we are? A bunch of politics freaks? We are good and kept improving so what you want us to do? To blindly go protesting without patience and hope China can become a new US overnight? Seriously?

Organ harvesting lol if you think your friends are “higher class” than mine and knows more “open secrets” then alright. We live on different planets sorry my bad.

Baidu blank post was our netizen nature, when you tryta post sth sensitive. We did it with a joking attitude. Sometimes It’s kinda annoying I don’t deny it. But Baidu tieba obviously is only a mere part of our social network. You won’t believe how hardcore and uncensored info we are sharing in WeChat groups. Side note: we use WeChat more frequently than Americans do with Message+Email combined.

And If you don’t think that un-removed article on NetEase actually reflected sth, then again you don’t know China. I don’t blame you though.

And we hv right and freedom to curse the party but don’t verbally attack the Leader(right now it’s Xi). That’s the open secret in China. Bcuz unlike Trump, Xi does not decide anything. It’s always a group of competent & wise ppl behind him that did. Xi’s just a puppet. Yeah the Pooh. That’s the logic in China.

We hv freedom to discriminate. Women hv more power in China than most Americans thought. We treat LGBT group more open-minded than Americans thought.

Well whatever. You guys won’t believe me anyways.

Apologize for my last post which may hv offended you. You hv your points and frankly I get most of them but they are exaggerated esp here in front of ppl who received China=Evil education for decades.

Anyways i hv posted too much stuff unrelated to the Rockets here. That’s not why I signed up for. I may just stop here unless someone asks me to. Cheers guys.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I was only speaking of China's actions as it pertains to Morey.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The NBA picked out India as our next market this offseason and it went beautifully. Pacers/Kings go to overtime! China is powerful, but the world is still being tapped by the NBA. We can survive without being bullied by the Chinese government.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does anyone have a ballpark of how much money the Rockets will be losing over this?

Or, does it add up to the cost of a ballpark? ;)

7. Rockets Puerto Rico Sauce

I don't post much but this is completely logical, the NBA is a global biz and if China wants to pout and be a baby about a person thousands of miles away expressing his opinion then let them. The NBA does not need China considering that it's the premier basketball league in the world. Another thing, do people seriously think China is going to boycot the NBA as a whole? I mean the CBA is a crappy ass league with crappy ass players playing crappy ass basketball, they kind of need the NBA to see a real basketball game with real basketball players.

Patience, don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

China has already won, their government has deep roots in all the biggest American businesses.

China essentially controls America at this point, they can throw any baby tantrums and American companies will grovel and beg for forgiveness.

This isn't even including all the dirty money they launder in the housing market.

Texanasiafan likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

I'm proud that your first post was a response to me. :)

10. Rockets Puerto Rico Sauce

I respect facts, and you my friend speak the truth.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

I stand with Freedom, Morey, and Hong Kong!

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

screw em...they're a bunch of thieves.

I never liked them ever since they took north korea's side in the Korean war...lol

13. don grahamleone

Yeah, that's a good point about accepting China before. I certainly knew they weren't where I wanted them to be as a country back in 2003 when Yao joined us, but I could see they were moving towards capitalism then. As far as atrocities go, they happened, but they happened in our history as well. So, I believed we'd both have the ability to move forward from them after having learned from our mistakes. I don't believe China is committing atrocities quite to the level of before. (some injustice is only natural for both China and America considering the size of each and the probability of them having to occur)

My problem with the Chinese government is censorship and that people living in fear that criticizing their government. I felt like this would've improved by now. So maybe I'm impatient. One of our Chinese posters expressed a desire and hope for improvement. That takes patience, but I can understand the need to be patient for now.

However, Hong Kong is not being patient. They're shouting for freedoms now. Today. My instinct is to listen to them and encourage their struggle because I know where victory in this realm takes them. Freedom of speech and access to diverse information is invaluable. It's far more valuable than any luxury.

14. dischead

dischead Member

He should of kept his mouth shut then.

15. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

还是毒疫苗打少了,来二支过期疫苗就老实了,小粉红

16. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My initial thought was, “I wish Morey had said nothing and just let the situation play itself out.”
    (Tyrannical government will Imprision, maim, kill and squash the resistance......I don’t wish to encourage their anguish)

But since Morey has stuck his neck out there......I support Morey.

18. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Do you guys think Morey makes that tweet if Les is still owner? I suspect Morey had more respect for Les and would have taken pause to consider his interests.

19. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

and the ccp said they're winner

20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Dam.. they went hard at China lmao...

dreamshakin likes this.