1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is low key winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

More like everyone wants him to be hero,and hero doesn’t end well. The best way for him is make things go away, now whether he wants or not is impossible.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He made the preseason about him with one tweet and not the team in Japan or even the league.

His job is safe for now, but the mob is out to get his team. I seriously doubt he thinks he made a smart move, unless you want to meet some of the gynecologist friends he tried boosting.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

An incredibly naive statement. Reeks of someone who hasn't spent time there.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Never been but I work with Hong Kongers and Taiwanese, and they give me the 411. Also, I'm not into ethnic cleansing, social credit, big brother, censorship, organ harvesting, etc... That's more than enough evil for me and I don't need to visit (why bother) to know that.

5. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

If the Rockets fire or force Morey out I hope the Texans hire him as GM.

6. liveguy

liveguy Member

BOOM! Hell yeah!

MghtyPtrck and BigShasta like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Morey is the hero we need but don't deserve.

Fertitta is just another bully who doesn't have a very high IQ.

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

He's cost Fertitta tens of millions of dollars, and that's good enough for me.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Kaepernick if there were Republican and Democratic members of the House and Senate who had his back. He's not going anywhere.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Admit it, you are crying all over your keyboard right now. Can only imagine the constipated angst you are experiencing right this moment.

You were so certain that Morey would be fired. What a premature ejaculator.

don grahamleone and bmelo like this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro you cant even post without VPN while Morey is saying what he wants without one, get over it. You are oppressed. Wake the **** up

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Daryl Morey now has the support of both parties of politicians in America. It's unequivocal, there is no controversy. Support is bipartisan, and pretty much strikes at the heart of what it means to be American.

Sure he has left a big cleft between the relations of the USA and mainstream China. But the administrators of the NBA are stuck between two rocks now. As much as they would like not to lose any revenue from Chinese businesses, they absolutely CANNOT afford to lose favor with Americans and their politicians. You're talking about a 90/10 split between revenue earned domestically versus abroad.

I'm sorry that the news sources you have gotten information from have painted it in so inaccurate and biased a light that you will fail to see the future. But take it or leave it, Daryl Morey is going to be our GM for a long time.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Not only that, with all the tweets supports from all kind of political figures,

I seriously believe he could get more votes than Beto O'rourke and Ted Cruz if we will have a senator election here by tomorrow.

IBTL, joshuaao, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Harden did the right thing by trying to put water on the flame. What a joke this is. Ef China

15. alcatrazpsycho

There's a BIG difference between firing and NOT hiring someone. I think there is no question that no other NBA team would take on the political-economical risk of hiring Morey, if he were fired from the Rockets.

While I am glad Morey appears to have the support of Silver and the NBA, what is troubling is that they are doing so purely for pragmatic reasons, not principled reasons.

I.e., Silver certainly didn't defend Donald Sterling's freedom of expression... the NBA will only defends someone's freedom when it is convenient to them.

MghtyPtrck and D-rock like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

So maybe that's not tears all over his keyboard.

D-rock likes this.
  17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If the feds give us a bailout for being victims of this geopolitical mess...

bilaal14 likes this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Tilman is reprinting his book with a new title :

"SHUT UP AND DON'T TWEET!"

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  19. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

The man who caused this mess, right or wrong, he will get fired. It’s not personal, it’s business. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That second sentence makes zero sense.

lnchan and D-rock like this.