1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw the Chinese government. I stand with Morey and Hong Kong and the NBA should support HOU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. alcatrazpsycho

Roger, is that you?

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

you can go on thinking you are right but you're not.

you wanted to paint me into saying the pettiness of the Chinese government and Trumps childishness were equal. they are not. They are similar in they are both childish and petty.

Sorry there is a similarity but not equivalence. if you lack the mental capacity to understand it I'm moving on.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The difference that actually matters between the pettiness of Trump and the pettiness of the Chinese government is that Trump's pettiness isn't enforceable onto American citizens while the Chinese government's pettiness is enforced not only within their sovereign borders but now outside into western nations.

No American poster here feels worried about making fun of Trump's pettiness. That is the major underlying difference that actually matter.

CometsWin likes this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Exactly.

Snowflakes and bots, that's all there is on Chinese Twitter right now. Our team is filled with a bunch of prostitutes to submit to the Chinese will too.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree on these points at all. I agree wholeheartedly.

That's exactly why they aren't equivalent. Doesn't change the similarity of the childishness and pettiness of both parties.

Based on what Trump has said in the past praising Putin, Kim and Xi he would love to have that type of power.

Deckard likes this.
  6. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I love Morey but he ****ed up big time here. If he hadn’t opened his trap on a ****ing political matter the Rockets and the NBA wouldn’t be in the mess they are in. They are getting slammed by both the Chicoms and those on both the left and right criticizing them for apologizing. This was a complete unforced error.

Fertitta paid $2.2 billion for the Rockets and a good bit of that valuation I’m sure came from the revenue stream they generate in China as the 2nd most popular team in a country with 1.3 billion people. I’m no fan of the Chinese government and those saying **** them are living in a fantasy world when it comes to business and the dollars involved here. Personally, I would fire Morey over this but I hope to God Fertitta doesn’t because he is the best GM in the league. God damn it Daryl. Finally, if you’re a student of history like I am, you know the sensitivity of the Chinese people to this issue which the owner of the Nets does a good job in describing the Century of Humiliation under the Qing Dynasty with the unequal treaties they’re forced to sign

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m more amazed that South Park made an episode about this subject just a week ago

hvic, malakas and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

This is worse for China than for Morey or the NBA. This was a huge warning shot and reminder to anyone that wants to take Chinese dollars. It comes at a cost.

China showed their hand here and businesses who are in bed with them will navigate these waters a little more carefully moving forward.

Deckard likes this.
  9. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

The Chinese government can go **** themselves. This is America. This is the NBA.

We don't need to be apologizing to China.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We'd be totally fine with that. There actually are people in Texas that want to secede and nobody in the United States really cares (they just think secessionists are nut jobs).

p.s. I have no problem whatsoever with people being critical of the Chinese government. However, let's keep it civil with the Chinese people. A people and their government are not the same.

HP3 and Deckard like this.
  11. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Rockets are so deseperate for attention that they're conducting media war with the chinese!

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If this is true we definitely have to stand with Wang Jingda.

Also, this is not how I expected preseason to go.

14. curbur

curbur Member

Stand with Wang Jingda! **** China and their thuggish, bullying, unfair practices as a country. I will have to consider to stop watching the NBA if Morey is fired. If I was Harden, I’d be speaking out harder than Morey about all this. What is anyone gonna do to him? He had a unique position to share his opinion and not get fired for it, but instead he doubled down and apologized to keep the money... but they’re still cancelling the Rockets anyways, so why kiss their ass on the way out? James should be publicly calling
    China out for their unfair intimidation. If I were him I’d go on espn/60 minutes/cnn/etc.

15. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

You don’t need to insult China either.

16. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

And China doesn't need to insult it's citizens.

17. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

It was. It isn’t. And it kept improving. Yet it’s not gonna reach your level overnight.

We live in China. We understand the problem and feel the improvement. We hv faith. And remember we are way more open than you thought to the open Internet.

If shxt goes in wrong direction, we would’ve fu*ked the govt by ourselves. But we are good. At least way better than your media tells you.

But you guys wont listen and ignored all these. You guys basically think your way is the only right way, like a true dictator.

I’ve visited US multiple times. How many of you guys on this forum actually visited China?

I speak broken English but I can understand English/Japanese news. How many of you guys here can read Chinese w/o taking in for granted we lie on everything?

#137 mikeshinoda, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  18. kanariya

kanariya Member

I lived in China for half my live and it's not improving under Xi. Just more and more suppression.

don grahamleone, RocketRed84 and HP3 like this.
  19. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

I’m sitting in Lounge of Vancouver now and ready to head back to Shanghai. I don’t feel suppressed. I respect your view though. But Obviously ppl will only Like your post not mine.
    Btw where did you live and how were you suppressed. Just curious.

don grahamleone and CCorn like this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Morey has launched a geopolitical assault on China because harden didn't receive east coast MVP votes.

Morey can't touch ESPN media so he trashes the Chinese!?!?

My only question is...why?!