1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A letter from Joe Tsai

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jeffrey523, Oct 7, 2019.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

the ex-Google employee was communicating with Chinese officials months before his termination -- which just signaled red flags to the higher-ups at Google. They kept a track of him all the way up until his last day (probably thinking no way any employee is dumb enough to try to steal confidential information of the company's), and yet that's what he did. FBI was independent from Chinese govt officials, I believe.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Quote me if I said any of those things.

There are bad apples in every country. Don’t lump everybody into the 50Cents group.

And there are snakes in every country too. Didn’t you say Kevin Durant?

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

don't show me a clip of video and you think you have proved something. and i am not agrueing with you about what happened before this clip of video. it makes no sense, just Go to Hong Kong yourself to experience and you will see whom should be blame for the riot. People got imprisoned because they have ideas of riots with them, separatists has no way to go.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

LOL @ all of the posters who, for some reason, decided to come out of hibernation and post on here years and years after Yao retired.

If you're here ONLY to defend your country/government because of a miscalculated tweet then you're here for the wrong reasons. There are plenty of other forums (we even have a specific forum for politics! how crazy is that??) for you to visit and post things on.

For the regulars who keep feeding the trolls, please stop.

5. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

I agree, snakes exist in every country. Not trying to lump you all into one group, at all. but for some of the posters on this forum boasting about China and how it can do nothing wrong, all while disregarding the truth... it's just getting on my nerves. It's really late (or really early for some)... gonna get some rest.

malakas likes this.
  6. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Very well put statement by Tsai.

freyzhang likes this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LMAO.

You dare to tell me ‘go to Hong Kong yourself and experience it’ ?

I was there about a month ago marching on the street with people, young boys and girls, students, workers, lawyers, cooks stay home moms, retired old folks. I witnessed how cops used extreme violence and I clearly understand what those people wanted.

The matter of facts, I was sitting in front of Tiananmen Square 30 years ago with a group of similar people chasing the similar things.

You should be ashamed of yourself, without their blood, you won’t even have what you have today.

don grahamleone and malakas like this.
  8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yes I think they should. But it can only improve with time. Many people fail to realize the rapid growth rate that China has seen in the past decades. Chinese people are wealthier, they can afford to tour other countries now, many households own a car or two. Most people are genuinely happy with their better lives. Freedom of speech is only secondary to them right now.

But as time goes by, when making your ends meet isn’t a problem anymore, I’m sure people will start to want their voice heard. That’s when I hope changes will be coming.

freyzhang, Vivi and don grahamleone like this.
  9. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Lmao where is your proof? Last time I check only a few “freedom” fighters who destroy public infrastructure got arrested.

#149 ClutchCity3, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  10. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

you like watching videos, here you go...

freyzhang likes this.
  11. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

you like videos, here yo ugo.

freyzhang likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ole Joe should sell his team if he's going to be a communist sympathizer. Then he can go back to China and buy a team there to embrace all the wonders of Chinese communism.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

All I ask is that you educate yourself 1st before you take a stand! It appears that China has been scared by take over from foreign countries and dislikes at all cost anything that appears to try to separate that country!

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL,

Why take it so long for you to find this con and convicted criminal to show us.

I am glad that you did, because now the normal Americans will be able too see what kind of persons will actually speak on behalf of a dictatorship.

Good job.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hi Joe please call me:

[​IMG]

16. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

living at home and watch some newspaper, and you think you know China. haha, so naive...
    Media is so biased today that you don't know what's true, vice versa.

the people who have the best saying of their country is their own citizens. Come to China, and I will tell you, 90% (i would not say 99%) of the people are satisfied with the performance of the government. How about you do a poll in USA?

just admit it, China is strong nowadays!!

freyzhang likes this.
  17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ain't Morey's fault that you guys are a bunch of oversensitive crybabies.

Mazulis and malakas like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO.

This dude think he can talk for 90% of the Chinese population.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This propaganda should be called out by the players. I hope someone is educating them about how inappropriate it is to toe this like with pure propaganda from an owner.

Equating support for citizens who are protesting an extradition law that will surely be used to oppress the people of Hong Kong to "Separatist" movements, and foreign invasions is quite rich.

Debate the extradition law all you want there in China... that is something that is healthy to do. If there is an argument for it by those who support Xi's Communist Dictatorship... great.... But here in AMERICA you have to respect our laws that clearly give us the ability to debate the other side & support nonviolent protests.

This NBA owner trying to equate protesting to a foreign invasion, and in the process showing ZERO respect for Americans LAWS that give us the right to free speech on topics like this, is far more offensive to me. Although, I respect his right to spout Communist Chinese Propaganda if he wants to.

I just hope players like KD, and Kyrie are paying enough attention here to educate one of their owners that "RESPECT" is a two way street. Maybe he and all of these outraged Chinese NBA fans who think they own this team, need to show a little RESPECT to our laws & traditions for Americans to actually have an opinion & speak it.

The_Yoyo and malakas like this.
  20. jose

jose Member

Prokhorov is the reason they were in the position to get Kyrie and KD in the first place. Quite frankly your post is racist because it implies a Russian or Chinese person couldn't be a good owner or have their own independent thinking, instead you lump them into one category as if they're all "bad". And I say that as a person who was active during the LOF craze (Lin only fans), that couldn't stand it.