1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey, NBA issue statements

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 6, 2019.

1. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

This is apparently the full translation of the NBA's Chinese tweet:

Vivi likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

WTF are you saying?

He called Lebron ape. He should also racistically abuse a white player for that to be wrong?

You chinese demand someone to apologise or get fired because he offends your "bottom lines" but your own sportcaster is a RACIST and not even a peep.

Forget fairness. Say things with their names.

You want people to do what you want, while you can do no wrong in your book.

Nook likes this.
  3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I was not a fan of DM, but am now.

BHannes2BHonest, bmelo and malakas like this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

"Can't we all just get along"

5. max14

max14 Member

Agree.

But the point is it's the US (Morey) who attacked their bottomline first, not the other way around.
    I think we need to be more aware that this is not about attacking US value, it's about not attacking someone else's value, even though you believe their value wrong ( which, I completely agree ) But on the otherside people have been thoroughly brainwashed already, you can't do anything about that at the moment. You have to let them be. But if you want to do business you don't attack their bottomline.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think a positive sign from China would be "everything is okay" if the Rockets still have the Rokit ad on their jersey. Hopefully they have it on.

I don't want fans in China to miss this great, historical year of the Rockets on TV.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think the NBA can have an opinion on Morey's opinions or do anything about it (such as suspension) because that would wrong. But the Rockets' organization can say this could potentially damage our business, I got to let you go. Bye.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Actually there are always boundaries.

Nobody give a sh’t about how the people in China will call Trump, hey we called him a jackass everyday also.

But guys like Morey definitely understand you can’t use the same standard on Xi as compare to Trump.

But when you are trying to extend something like Hong Kong the same as to Xi, that’s not the value we view in here.

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

You want him to find out what is going on in Hong Kong? LOL He does know what is going on and that exactly why he tweeted what he did... the tweet was in response to conversations he has had with friends living in Hong Kong. Non brainwashed people want basic rights.

joshuaao and malakas like this.
  10. opticon

opticon Member

If Morey is fired because of this I'm done with the NBA. As much as I love Basketball and the NBA there are some things that are way more important. Freedom of speech is one of those things

11. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

It's Silvers turn to congratulate China on 70 years of Communism. Once was enough for Trump.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Let’s look back on the Opium War. The British kicked their sorry commie asses so hard that they got on their knees and cried and begged for the British to take Hong Kong and make it a wonderful Western democratic state. They ceded HK. It was agreed to be 2 systems, 1 country. Once people taste freedom they don’t want to go back to slavery. China can suck a big American bald eagle d##k. Solidarity with HK protesters. Commies can eat dirt.

dockerland likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Why are you so sure Yao wants to help Morey?

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Human rights and freedom are always our bottom line.

As I said, Nancy Pelosi had a HK freedom legislation also, so other than some press protests, what exactly China government is going to do with it? Another round of tariffs? Cancel visas?

Nothing.

Because they have no leverage, they can’t do sh’t about how the US government should run their own business.

NBA is different, just because of the money. If China is a small market, see my example about Vietnam above.

Stop pretending you won anything about respects.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL there were no commies in the Opium War.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. max14

max14 Member

Calm down Malakas.
    You are resorting to use the Chinese netizen's trick: you did something else wrong so I can do wrong.

Your last sentence applies to everybody, nobody will think they are on the wrong side.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

That is correct. And while you sleep in your comfy bed tonight feeling all smarmy, people in HK are in hospitals on respirators. So har har.

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The only way Morey does not become Rockets is he resigned and he should not have to. Morey touched an issue he probaly didn't know it was that sensitive. Some of you might of seen it, some not, but on that day a HK police officer shot a young kid in mask and protective gear at point blank range. Maybe that touched Morey and tweeted support for HK protestors, if anyone who saw that video would be mad at the police. I'm quite sure this will fly under the rug and move on. It is like I hate Donald Trump, but I would not put I hate Trump sticker on my car which Morey did with support for HK protest.

19. chinese

chinese Member

Still see discrepancies between English ver and Chinese one although both claimed to be official.
    "is regrettable" vs "very disappointing", wonder whether both are NBA authorized, This thing is still in development.

20. max14

max14 Member

Again it's about fairness.

Donald Sternling also has rights and freedom, but he was forced out by business reasons.