1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. leangle25

leangle25 Member

LMAOOOOOOOOOO Who watches the CBA?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This differs from which governments and whose supporters? Sensitivity is the hallmark of modernity.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well most of us here in the USA hate our current government and think Trump is a fricken moron......so not much different I would say.

DD

#183 DaDakota, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. macan

macan Member

clutchfans has already turn into a political battle ground after Morey's tweet..
    i miss the good old days with only Rockets talk and chasing for the championship..

MrSabotage and Gray_Jay like this.
  5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Here is the rule of thumb:
    On issues related with China, if your view or words are lined up with your mainstream media, 99.9% of the chance that you are deadly wrong.

Morey picked a mainstream topic, that's good, but it is unfortunately about China. He picked up fake news to hail.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can't wait to be disgusted at all the subtle and not-so-subtle racist remarks against Asian people on Clutchfans and r/rockets. Already starting. Sigh. I remember how the Yuli fiasco went down, when Yuli did something blatantly racist and a large portion of people essentially just called Asian people race baiting p*****s that need to shut up and sit down lmao.

Also wonder how many of the same people here disparaging China and their fans and supporting Morey are the same people that **** on Kaepernick for taking a stand on political issues in the NFL.

7. likestohypeguy

Because muh freedoms

malakas likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How can people here be pro-HK (Chinese race) and racist vs Asians, just because they are opposing the acts of the Chinese government?

Criticizing the acts of a government doesn't make you a racist, it's the same thing as criticising the Israelian government doesn't make you anti-semitic.

Haven't seen a single racist comment in this thread honestly, but feel free to show examples.

9. Lovemachine2000

Except only half of the country thinks Trump is a moron, and the other half will fight you to death to defend Trump's stances.

secund2nun likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I was talking mostly about Reddit, that whole Yuli fiasco was nasty and I definitely saw a bunch of racist BS. Here, I definitely saw a bunch of 'sit down and shut up' posts towards Asian people as well, blatantly racist? I don't remember.

I'm not talking about criticizing the Chinese government. I am no fan of the Chinese government, its just that this is following the same trend of events where the 'other side' happens to be primarily of one ethnic group, and then it slowly devolves into focusing on that ethnic juxtaposition in an 'us vs. them' mentality vs. tackling the actual issue.

I would be a hypocrite if I said we should keep politics out of sports while supporting Kaepernick when he tried to take a stand, so I won't say anything about that, but it just sucks when it affects your team vs. letting another team/player take all the heat.

TL;DR: I'm not a Chinese sympathizer, but I've seen how people tend to just attack an entire race when similar dumbass conflicts have come to play in the past: Yuli, LOFs, YOFs, etc.

dlite316 likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We had a similar example recently in Germany.

The Chinese government made a deal with the German soccer league to have their national youth squad play for an entire season in the 3rd German soccer division.

During one of the games, a tiny group of roughly 8 people held up a Tibetan flag, nothing more. No rioting, no shouting, no violence.

Chinese officials saw this and immediately told the players to leave the pitch. After the German government didn't agree to restrict free speech and flags at the matches, the Chinese gov went apeshit and cancelled the entire project, later also demanded apologies.
    Germany thankfully didn't bow down and never revived the project.

It's simply nuts how China wants other nations to tolerate their backwards ass views and human rights violations.

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

That's why I am not on twi5tter

One tweei and your entire career is ruined. Poor Morey will never get a job in Nba. Blacklisted like Colin

13. PeppermintCandy

Ah, basically, I was responding to some comments by people who wondered whether Morey intentionally posted his support for the HK protesters, not as a political expression but just to piss off his boss and get fired.

This would theoretically get him out of his contract and make him free to find work with another NBA organization. But I was saying I couldn't see him take such an extreme action knowing how much it would damage the Rockets' brand in China.

Not only that, other NBA teams would probably avoid hiring someone who would go to such destructive and self-serving lengths just to get out of a contract. They would stay away even if he were a b-ball genius.

So, Morey must have had other reasons for posting what he did.

xiki likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I worry that Yao will be pressured into publicly making a statement. This is a no-win situation for him.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

As head of the CBA, he has to 100% fall in line with the government opinion and would just repeat their "don't interfer with our politics" crap.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

See? That's the problem. Morey knew he would cause such a **** storm and pulled the trigger anyways, because well freedom.

This is a harmful deed to this franchise

macan likes this.
  17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody remember when morey used to brag about how he totally ripped off the team he just traded with and other GM were miffed at him?

Not many faults for Morey, but one is he likes to talk just to hear himself talk. Thankfully, one of his virtues is he is a very quick learner.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not half.....it is only about 20% or less - then the other half of that is team based, who desperately want their team to stay in power and will swallow all kinds of graft, and lies to remain so....

DD

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  19. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Sure he would. I guarantee you if Morey is fired, he would get hired by another NBA team

20. dmoneybangbang