1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lol,

You are really something.

even a TV media like Al Jazeera of being a propaganda outlet for the Qatari government is still willing to cover the movements from various point of views and proving what I just mentioned.

2. foh

foh Member

Can you provide a link to the fourth of July occasion. I could see secret service setting up a perimeter or a private facility filtering out protesters. I'm very curious - I did protesting in America and have seen occupy Wall Street close off a lot of downtown in Chicago when they were in full force.

I imagine if the First Amendment was infringed upon in the same way, that this right is infringed upon in China, you'd see way more violence than in HK.

3. chinese

chinese Member

I do think everyone has right of speech, but I also realize this is a sport fan site, where may not be the place for my political opinion and foreign affair education for some.

4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Since this is China’ own internal issue, did you also write your protest to the Chinese government controlled CCTV and let them know that they should never ask any American to express his point of view on this issue?

WTF this CCTV reporter is thinking? This is treason for not obeying the CCP’ instruction, right?

LMFAO.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have the d&d for all that stuff
    But you are still here so you know why you joined

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. HROZ

HROZ Member

This is fair.

The first protests did do some damage to infrastructure, but I think mostly to do with cameras. Some clashes with police also led to some damage to infrastructure.

Definitely as the protests have got more desperate attacks on supposedly pro China businesses have had a negative effect on the Hong Kong economy.

Some do see it as pay back for China leading boycotts of pro protest businesses. (For example look at Cathay Pacific)

I mostly hope there is no Tiananmen square 1989 event again. Though I believe that won't happen.

I think though people need to be honest about the level of support they are going to provide. There seems to be some elements of the HK protests that believes that the western world will get more involved even militarily.

That just is not going to happen.

#347 HROZ, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was pretty stupid of Morey to make a comment that could have a negative effect on the team's finances.

astros123 likes this.
  9. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Come on! The internet and your phone does autocorrect. Please proof read before posting.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't care. But has Yao Ming spoken? Very curious how he's going to handle this one.

11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Don't argue with the HK troll.

Anyone arguing for the destruction of either public or private property is not of the right mind and fundamentally does not believe in the rule of law. If he believed in his revolution, he would be out in the streets instead of keyboard warrioring on the internet.

astros123 likes this.
  12. mms

mms Member

Looks you are living in a white and black world. Open your eyes and read more... That's the best advice I can give you.

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

LOL coming from the mouth of a person living in a country where rule of law is non existent and completely disregard private property rights. Hkers know better what rule of law is than the Mainland Chinese.

Destruction of private property is not acceptable? Your beloved President Xi demolished a whole district in Beijing to remove the "low end population". And Mao Zedong was 100x more violent than HK protestors during the revolutions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Communist_Revolution
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_revolution
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...bout-chinas-crackdown-on-migrant-workers/amp/

malakas likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

all fake fans

15. mms

mms Member

Agree. I am not blaming Morey for his tweet. He has all the rights to say anything allowed by the law. Just felt funny while some posters are "advocating" free speech but at the same time, deny other's right by saying "you are brainwashed". Pretty funny.

Vivi and Noob Cake like this.
  16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I don't live you China you nimwit.

I thought you are supposed to be take the higher ground when you stand for Democratic ideals. Mao being an awful maniacal ruler has no bearing on the immoral, illogical and downright unjustifiable actions of the riotors in 2019.

I actually stand for Democracy, freedom and the rule of law in all my posts. Not once have I justified violence or denigrated the ideals of Democracy. I'm in fact sympathetic to the struggles for 'freedoms' and 'Democracy' in HK, but looting and rioting is NOT the way forward.

You on the other hand are straight up justifying destruction and anarchy in the grandiose umbrella of 'freedom'

Here is your people destroying. Please justify these actions. I can only describe these individuals in these videos as savages. In any nation of law, they would be arrested and locked up.

#356 Noob Cake, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  17. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

@Clutch please lock the threads already this is going out of hand...

vlaurelio and jcf like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Williamson, malakas and Jontro like this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I actually like this thread. We really need to weed out people that support human rights abuse. They objectively can’t evaluate evidence, and that carries over to basketball.

But hey, maybe we can censor this thread the way China censors their national media. Works for them apparently.

banzai, joshuaao, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If you love China so much, why don't you live in China? Instead, you stand on the land of free, enjoy all kinds of freedoms and rights, and criticize and smear people who fight for freedom. Don't you feel ashamed?

If you really stand for democracy, why didn't you criticize the dictatorship of the CCP regime? Where were you when millions of dissidents locked up and tortured by CCP in Xinjiang? Where were you when Xi Jinping amended the constitution to make himself the emperor forever? Is that democracy? YOU ARE DISGUSTING.

Instead, you criticize the brave young people who risked their lives and sacrifice their future for Hong Kong's democracy. Have you ever thought why did they have to go violent? Because your beloved CCP has COMPLETELY DISREGARDED EVERY SINGLE PEACEFUL PROTEST IN THE PAST 22 YEARS.

And read the history book. Read how your beloved CCP liberate China. Read how Korean people fought for democracy. Read how Taiwanese people fought for democracy. Read how American people fought for democracy. They don't come from peaceful protests, it is utterly useless against a totalitarian tyranny. Read the history before you say stupid ****.

AND STOP SMEARING THE PROTESTORS! They destroyed state-owned businesses but they are highly disciplined and don't steal. Not a single report of looting has been reported!!

Little Bit, Yung-T and malakas like this.