1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I Have Grown To HATE Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He's the death of the Rockets as soon as James and Russ (maybe) finish their careers here I'm peacin out

Spacemoth likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Policing the planet =/= military intervention

3. Nook

Nook Member

Morey didn’t say anything controversial to anyone outside of mainland China.

No one said anything about the USA being the police of the world. Morey said he supports the Hong Kong protestors (any any moral person would).

slothy420, Mazulis, Gray_Jay and 5 others like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes it absolutely is.

If I'm a Uigher Chinese citizen right now, I'm praying that outside powers place political pressure on the Chinese government to cease placing them in rededucation camps and forcing them to deconvert from their religion. I would pray that Individual humans outside of China stand in support of my basic human dignity.

Expressing your opinion on a gross human rights violations isn't being the world police.

B-Bob, malakas and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Oh I got you, the USA and Europe shouldn’t express any opinions that do not perfectly align with the thin skinned CCP.

That isn’t how it works when people have freedoms. They can express their opinions and support people that do not want to be oppressed by the most oppressive government in the world.

slothy420, HP3, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

This and if anything the USA and Western Europe have not done enough to support Hong Kong and slow down the CCP.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Of course your spineless hold tillmans jockstrap self is gonna say that. Not to mention your usual standings on “Chinese” issues. Morey has every right to speak out against atrocities and Tillman has every right to sell his little moral standings to line his pockets

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

He is just another Suns owner after Harden is 35 years old. Play ping pong ball.

All the first round picks are/will be traded between 2016 and 2026 (11 years).

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He doesn’t understand what criticism actually means. @chenjy9 stay in yo lane

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Tilman is entitled to his own opinion. Maybe he believes in not meddling in other people's affairs. Nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with not having enough information to take a side, or having so much information that you realize taking sides is unjustified.

I don't understand all the jumping down Tilman's throat stuff. It seems pretty uniformed. I don't know why Tilman did what he did, but y'all don't either.. you just act like you know. We've got a lot of all-knowing people around here. Gods they are. :rolleyes:

jcf, fattz, Roomba and 1 other person like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Shut up and sell the team Fertitta.

13. jowman

jowman Member

Lol at the outrage generation we are living in. You applaud morey for being brave and speaking out on something he’s not experienced himself(he ain’t in HK to know what’s really going on). He took a stance he knows 99% of Americans will back him up on. How’s that brave?

What if he took a stance you didn’t agree with and was wildly unpopular over here. That Hk protestors need to ease up. Suddenly you would be branding him commie scum.

We all love freedom of speech until the person disagrees. Then he’s commie scum that needs to be deported is that right?

jcf likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Tilman didn't even say anything wrong. All he said was Morey's views don't necessarily reflect the views of the Rockets' organization.

Everyone who's crapping on Tilman right now probably thinks he says China is right, or something to that effect. Which is completely false. People are letting their biases take over.

jcf and don grahamleone like this.
  15. jowman

jowman Member

And so what if Tillman thinks Hk is wrong here. He can say what he wants just like morey. Freedom of speech people.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Even if Tilman took a stance, he shouldn't be criticized for it, unless the stance is just plain wrong / weird.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I gotta admit, in his interview talking about the Westbrook trade, where he glibly brushes off the part where his "basketball ops" got cold feet at the end, was a red flag to me.

I'm a little worried about Westbrook even now. We are asking him to do something he's never done in his career, in choosing efficient shots versus inefficient ones to get his TS% closer to 60. Listening to Tilman, this CP3-WB trade was mostly thanks to Harden and the ownership.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Maybe I just watched too much Sam Kinison growing up, but I don't think the US should send any support to the protesters.

Send them U-Hauls. With US green cards for each one of them. They seem like an industrious, hard working group. Aren't they the kind of people we want in this country? I see that it could be another Mariel Boatlift situation, but I wonder if the Ready Reserve Fleet showed up, anchored outside HK Harbor, (along with 7th Fleet), with instructions, "Pack your $hit. We're going to pick up all of you in one go, and take you to where the freedom is!" How many would take the US up on the offer?

We're way off the normal topics of the GARM. I hope we can get back to them soon.

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I want WB to drive, slash and kick out. Period. No 2-pt shots outside of 6-8 feet, and very few outside the arc. Another great question is: WB is a very fast player when he's been successful; Harden is one of the slowest paced players in the league. How will their drastically different paces coexist?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tilman has no morality or ethics other than pursuing Money - that is who he is......and he is sheltered from any real hardship.

So, expect him always to side with things that line his pocket that is who he is....

DD

Mazulis likes this.