1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

In this country people have the right to tweet what they want, but ....lol

China = devil
    US = Jesus; world champions; best country ever

...but wait a minute, why can i barely get by making 6 figures and have sh#tty healthcare and fear for my kid's safety while at school? Because we are the best ever dude. love it or leave it.

I guess i'll stay ...but do i have to lie to myself that things aren't sh#tty in order to stay? things like ...our government actually works, and our population is well-educated, highly informed and not ignorant about most things?

#161 Aruba77, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Bearded13 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Now we just need to swap Winnie The Pooh for clutch the bear.

clutchdabear, malakas, treyk3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i just want to know one thing ....Where are OUR protests? ...because ...sh#t sucks here too.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Keep this idiot crap up and you’re going to go on some ignore lists.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No one said this is a perfect world or there is even one exist.

But You always have a choice,

you can even choose to live in a country like this - a women posted some facts or photos or even just a comment, and then the police forced into her house to put her in jail.

malakas, Yung-T and clos4life like this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would say incarcerating 2 million Muslims simply because of their cultural identity/faith makes you pretty similar to Hitler and the Jewish people.

Then again, if I can censor anything I want, I'm certain it would look like I've gained the trust of the common folk. They either say what I want them to say or I will severely penalize them... or perhaps they'll just simply disappear, never to be heard of again.

malakas and Yung-T like this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Pay attention, they happen frequently.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Xi is not Hitler, definitely worse.

Hitler did more evil things to other countries and other races of human.

But Xi is the first leader in the CCP to change the constitution to allow him to be the new emperor of China forever. He did more evil thing to his own countrymen on the reform and eliminated the freedom for them.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The fact that this is believed to be an uncontroversial opinion so adamantly is pretty much why political leaders in all countries can herd their populace like sheep.

As someone who is fluent in Chinese, worked in China a few years, and have read news and reports both in the west and in China, it's clear that this is one of those things I would never ever try to talk about objectively with anyone. If I talked with a Chinese I would support the government and if I talk with an American I'd support the protestors.

It's not so much about having a backbone but rather it's clearly a situation neither side would ever be willing to look at the other viewpoint. And I want people around me to not be really angry with me.

freyzhang likes this.
  11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Morey will be ok. Of course the Chinese govt is not happy, but the question is, is it wise for them to go after Morey / NBA? We are Americans and freedom of expression is just our way. So to think that Americans will follow Chinese-style self-censoring is an error of thinking that Americans will behave like Chinese people.

Now, the $ argument : China could certainly threaten the Rockets about it, and TF sensibly did damage control. But if China were to push Morey to be fired, this would actually be a very aggressive action against an extremely large, media-prominent, American company. Most other Americans (and even some Chinese, but extremely quietly) feel the same way Morey does. So the question is, is that the battle that the Chinese political machine would choose? To take on the NBA for one tweet? That is a trivial, yet messy fight. It would be much easier for the Chinese govt to just censor the tweet so no one reads it.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I get the point of the ‘silent majority’.

But in this case of Hong Kong, when there are people braved enough to stand up and voiced their opinions and fight and someone else like Morey to voice his stand in such matter.

It’s a shame and disgrace for his employer - whose coming from a country labeled as the home of the brave, the land of free to be openly rejected Morey.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Could be great news if we stop the Chinese pandering and go back to classic fonts and ketchup & mustard. Screw the Chinese "skins" the Rockets have been using. Goodbye China!

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Eh, you need to read up on Hitler's inner political moves, he did far more than Xi in regards to maintaining his power, killing political opponents and making it basically a one-party government that could introduce new laws directly without any steps needed.
    Same with free speech and control of the media.

I agree that Xi and the Chinese government are horrible and killing/imprisoning ppl left and right, but let's not put them on the same level as Hitler, who murdered millions in concentration camps (in the most cruel ways possible) and started a world war.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People claim they did. But it's clear that rednecks and Chinese bots can both be very loud on social media. Gotta love politics in the social media age. Not.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. A suicide bomber can represent one man's sacrifice in fight against oppression or the murderer of families.

Telling one side what the other side thinks is stupidity beyond belief. And people here who talk about bravery against the Chinese only works because this is an English board with mostly just Rockets fans.

Bearded13 likes this.
  17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol @ these Chinese fans on twitter/Instagram tryna get Morey fired.. I don’t know what’s going on over there in Hong Kong so I can’t speak on it but it’s pretty safe to say 90% of rockets fans don’t care.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. 1 other person

He broke a dragon's heart

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, there is a romantic sentiment, and probably not a realistic one.

That he might want to watch China make the WC, hold a World Cup and then step down......grim sense but humor me.

The fat ones are always the greediest. jk.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It’s not about talk. It’s about facts.

‘Talks’ are what you have seen from the mainland media, live stream or even being there locally are the facts.

You can cover lies with talks when you are able to seal off the facts, but you can not cover the truth for long when you can’t block the facts from the people.

There are many peaceful protests overseas from Chinese and Hong Kong immigrants, you often will see some more violence individuals or group of mainland Chinese wanted to stop them. This fact itself explained a lots.

Hong Kong supposed to be governed independently from the CCP for 50 years and it’s in the law the CCP agreed with, so the so called suicide bomber example is completely incorrect. They are fighting for what had been promised to them. It has nothing to do with the mainland nor they were intended to overrun the CCP.

Yung-T and malakas like this.