1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yes. Definitely.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well the current head of the right wing movement in the US, Trump, just promised Xi to be silent regarding Hong Kong if a trade deal was accomplished.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

K

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope so. People in countries that don't have the agency to choose certain things are very serious about the things they can choose. We have to protect Morey, guys. I have a lot of frequent flyer miles. I'm ready. I'll be waiting in the first class lounge using my upgrade!

Invisible Fan, Nook and Fullcourt like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's just Trump being opportunistic. He doesn't care about the people in Hong Kong, he just wants to get a deal done that benefits him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's good these guys hold this position. They probably have some money in Hong Kong to protect. I do believe Romney is sincere though.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think we’re coming from the same ideological space here, but my point is the Hong Kong situation transcends politics. Support for it (extradition) is strictly a brainwashing operation to the rest of the developed world.

#5047 Fullcourt, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Nook and DreamShook like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

No way.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t necessarily a liberal position. It is a human rights issue and it transcends political party.

10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

My apartment is on Sage road, what's your point?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But who protects Morey from himself and his urge to leave it all out on Twitter?

Thanks for willing to try.

12. Nook

Nook Member

My point is claiming that the racist and discriminatory actions of Donald Sterling is “not as bad” as Daryl Morey supporting the Hong Kong protestors is incredibly warped Anschluss insane. Virtually the entire world outside of China sees the CCP’s actions in Hong Kong for what they really are.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It blows my mind that people actually view opposing an oppressive communist regime as controversial.

Tilman is a greedy POS, so I get his stance. But for members of the general public to feel this way is amazing, although nothing about America in 2019 should surprise me at this point.

14. macan

macan Member

it's always bad to mix politics with sports..
    Morey should've known better..
    should just stick with basketball, you can talk politics all you want with your friends in private..
    it's tough for Yao in this situation too..

jcf likes this.
  15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Can we post cliff notes of this Hong Kong drama for those not up to speed?

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Americans have a long tradition of mixing politics and sports, a quite successful one at that. Poor Yao, makes millions on a global infrastructure created by the American free enterprise system but can't talk politics because he should stick to sports and use his considerable fame and influence on the back of the bus with his friends. Stick to sports Yao!

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

1. Morey isn’t Liberal. So that would be a weird thing to do.

2. Supporting universal human rights isn’t Really a Left/Right issue. It’s a more a Western/ Eastern issue or developed/developing country issue.

D-rock and CometsWin like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D-rock likes this.
  19. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

bruhhh... did you just try to compare Daryl Morey to Donald Sterling?!?!?! The owner who had a track record of being racist, including housing discrimination, in addition to, sexual harrassment? I think you just did! You compared that a-hole to Daryl Morey because, right or wrong, believes in other people's "fight for F R E E D O M" is beyond idiotic.

Exactly, USA has more freedoms! Do you want him extradited to China to because he crossed those lines right?

D-rock likes this.
  20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are just a perfect example of the laughable double standard sh’t happening in China.

You do aware some of the posters in this forum that actually living in China now need to use illegal VPN to access here because they don’t even have the rights to access the outside world?

And you also aware that almost majority of the rich people and high rank officials are all having their child’s go overseas to study or even gain the citizenship there (including you probably), while they are busy brainwashing the people in mainland?

Go back to China to stand with your dictatorship government.