1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you get nothing from continuing to do the same thing over and over and over with BOB

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

EXACTLY! It's the same BS every damn year.

They need to wise the EFF up and break the cycle....

juanm34 likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's like when the Rockets or Cougars fire an "OK" coach. Those orgs seem to get it.

"Not embarrassing" isn't enough.

liveguy likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I feel like it's going to take more than a few "close" losses at home (or close wins against inferior opponents) to get the ball rolling here. It's going to take a home drubbing accompanied by the home crowd boo'ing. And even then, probably not until the end of the season.

The year Kubiak got fired, I remember the boo-birds really coming out when the Rams drilled us at home. That was the beginning of the end for Kubes. The team quit on him - as evidenced by them losing the next 10 games in a row - and then and only then, did the owner finally quit on him.

9-7 or 8-8 followed by another 1st round loss* probably won't get it done.

*unless we play the Bengals!

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You forget, the two seasons prior to that Kubiak had fielded very competitive, wildly popular teams. Kubes had a good bit of positive sentiment with the team and fans. It took a nuclear meltdown season to fire him.

With BOB, he has no such thing. If anything he has the opposite. I don't know what it will take to get him out, but it certainly won't have to be anothet total meltdown. I think a 7 win season and he could be toast if we feel we have a viable alternative (or if Cal's nuts are bigger than his dad's).

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This is something I wonder about. We still don't know much about Cal's ownership style, but he certainly seems more assertive with the Gaine firing.

Be interesting if things went downhill, would Caserio still come? Maybe OB would get fired and Caserio would bring McDaniels with him?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You...u are putting your hopes on some random betting site? LOL

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#FireBillObrien
    #bump

9. Buck Turgidson

When was the last time Texans fans were really, really excited going into the playoffs? Thinking that "this was our year"?

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Houstunna likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wait until the end of the season then we will see
    -Scarface.

#4293 DatRocketFan, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If I'm not mistaken, I said "Wait until the end of the season, then we will see." Wording matters. Why, because I don't know what is going to happen. It could go either way. Don't change my words.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u tell people to wait and see for what? U never answered my question.

What possible outcome at the end of this season will u say: "ahhh BoB did great, u fools gonna eat crow?"

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Considering the Texans record, right now, they could go 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7, yet win this division.

Let's say we win the first playoff game and get crushed in Foxboro or KC. Or, lose a wild card game or divisional playoff on badly called game, even poor officiating.

Would you give BOB another season, if you think a better coach might be on the market or the team needs to go in another direction.

Because, the Texans have the QB, the skill players, and ok-enough defense to beat NE or KC. Not better than those teams, but you could beat them on a neutral field or well-called game plan with few mistakes.

It's coaches who have been to Super Bowls and perennial playoffs appearances who get fired or get canned after a bad year, bad 2 years, or losing early in the playoffs or not going far enough with the quality of the team.

There are quite a few coaches on the hot seat, right now. Who have had better records and more success than BOB.

We are only 3-2, which is ok, but still have KC and NWE on the schedule with a bunch of divisional games and other teams who are in playoff contention, especially the games on the road.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Wait and See what happens this season. What is so hard to understand about that? My opinion on what is consider a good outcome doesn't matter. However, You are so sure what is going to happen, then just come back and January and gloat. Otherwise, you are just noise.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

aint that rich coming from the poster who created a thread wondering if "BoB haters" ready to eat crow. reason im asking for your opinion on what's consider a good outcome is cause im pretty sure u are gonna make up some bs excuse for the sht HC after the eventual elimination to not eat crow.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Your coach pulled out a challenge flag, stomping mad over to ref on a score that was going to be reviewed, anyway that late in the 4th quarter (all scoring plays are subject to review, because it was big stink about it, a few seasons ago). In order to help teams save timeouts under 2:00 minutes. Then, tries to act like it didn't happen.

Hypothetically in a 32-40 score, the Falcons are very much in a game with their offense and a stop. They have a chance to tie and send it to overtime, where anything can happen. They could've easily converted on 2 -- getting a tie at 40-40, winning 43-40 Or 46-40. I know a few fans felt that coming until the last TD pass.

The Falcons were choking everywhere, that's going to happen every week.