1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Once again Republicans show the world that they care more about Trump than they do about the country. Patriots? No, you're traitors.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I continue to be AMAZED that anyone can continue to support this off the rails, deranged, senile, narcissistic, racist, sexist, scumbag president we have.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

**MOVING GOAL POST ALERT**

reminder that is illegal to solicit any thing of value from a foreign national in connection with a federal election:
    52 USC 30122: Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121

Ubiquitin and NewRoxFan like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Until I see the law with my own eyes, I daresay that's hearsay!

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who ****ing cares! I am sorry you put country first. It is your ****ing job. You wanted to be leaders of this country. Then do your ****ing job. It is your duty. Country before party, self and before trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why do you think he just enlisted China? Ukrainians refused because oh I don’t know maybe they are a Democracy. Where as Russia and China are authoritarian regimes.

Funny coming from the party that likes to hold the constitution and state rights above all else. Do your ****ing job republicans or follow your own ideologies at least.

Newlin likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Problem is that this has been a 20+ year long culling of moderates, and the dam broke with non-regional campaign funding and getting primaried.

I think our founding principles are being corrupted and distorted. Country America First is a nice principle. So can Democracy...If they keep their jobs, then doesn't that imply they've done or are doing something to keep it?

Slogans and rhetoric has worked and resonated so far because they're symbols to ideals that have grown hollow. Noble actions are now discounted or distrusted by words and the media (digital, analog, etc...).

I'm not sure what the conclusion for all of this is. Most people likely realize our nation is an oligarchy, thus we've been divided to tear each other apart rather than the financiers who donate to both sides. But no, both parties are not entirely the same. While both sides want control, their methods are clearly different.

Maybe that's the job they've been chosen or told to do?

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I am not that pessimistic. There some like kasich still left in that party. It is about doing the right thing

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

#Mojo Cartoons

Amiga and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Question to trump supporters: how does trump worrying about the bidens alleged corruption in china and ukraine make america great again???

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s exactly what he’s doing, while wrapped in his paranoia and delusions. He thinks that he can cut a deal with somebody. He tried to blackmail Ukraine. He’s been expecting more help from Putin, but Putin’s been blackmailing him, and now Putin is worried that the guy he helped put into office is dangerous and out of control. So trump is figuring, “Hey, I can blackmail China using my “brilliant” tariff war.” Problem there is, they think he’s batshit crazy, and dangerous as hell.

I’m worried that he’s going to do something terrible, like start a war to try and “save” himself. The list of possibilities for a person with his position to cause harm is damn near endless. I think he’s putting the country in serious danger.

He needs to be out of office. Even Pence would be a vast improvement. That I would say that reflects just how worried I am. That there are those still making excuses for him and believing his delusional ranting is incredible. That there are even those joking about it is sick and twisted.

RayRay10, peleincubus and Newlin like this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Guys, 12 people told me anonymously, Trump is trying to impeach himself. Trust me. These 12 people didn't want to give their names but they are white house officials guys. Seriously guys that's a lot of people. You can believe it because it's so many people.

13. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

keep hope alive

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

"I think potus really wants the deliverable," US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland texted Volker on August 9

No Worries likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

btw, Katyal is a lawyer, national security law professor at Georgetown, and a former Acting Solicitor General of the United States.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

well, no trump supporter here... but from what I have observed, I think the answer to that is quite obvious. Trump, the physical being itself is synonymous to MAGA. There is no MAGA without the body of trump in the WH.

In a very recent polling, 50% of republican said there is NOTHING that trump could do to change their mind about impeachment - he could call a drone strike on Biden tomorrow and they would not change their mind. He could nuke a city and they would not change their mind. He could cause Great Depression 2.0 while doing so and they would not change their mind. Given that... it’s does not seem to be about anything else but the person, the body, the soul,... wait I heard this somewhere.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think we are done as a Democracy. Just no way Dems in the House alone with zero support with any other institution that Trump hasn’t already bent to his will. They cannot hold the government alone. Just can’t happen.

Just ask yourself this question ... is there anything Trump won’t do to stay in power past next year???

He will do the unthinkable and even if he does lose, he is not leaving. Look at him doing what he’s doing and how batsh$t crazy he’s acting. Does this seem like someone who is leaving? Does is seem like Dasch, Mick, Astrodome, etc. will care?? Look at their posts... that is legit how 40% of Americans think and believe which is that Trump is fighting an existential threat to save their culture that requires a hostile takeover of the country and breaking the law. That’s just the reality that 40% of Americans have been radicalized and emphatically believe in authoritarianism that keeps their cultural interest in power for the next generation.

I am not hopeful for the USA remaining a democracy, but happy to be wrong.

Invisible Fan and Harrisment like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In addition to soliciting help from a foreign adversary Trump pretty much just handed a huge advantage to the PRC in the trade war.
    In the upcoming trade negotiations the PRC know they can gain leverage by helping Trump investigate his enemies. For that matter since Trump family does a lot of business in and with China they can use that by threatening to give info to the Democrats.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

nah man. you need to read your post 3-4 times. you are over thinking this. Trump will be out within a month from now due to impeachment, a year or 5 years. he will forever be an embarrassment when studied down the line. I hope somehow he ends up in prison. he has many countless enemies these last few years.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.