1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ringer.com] Ranking the Most Important “Third Guys” for NBA Contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Oct 2, 2019.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Capela or Gordon? It's nice to have two legitimate 3rd options.

Hate to say it, but the Warriors still have the best star power with 4 all stars on the roster. Huge test for PG chef Curry thos year - can he legitimately make others better and be the lead guy? Dray will probably step up and lead them

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The Warriors aren't gone yet. I despise the Warriors and i wish this were true, but i think they have enough to get at least into the second round round if not the WCF. Russell, Curry, Klay, Draymond and Looney is still one of the better starting fives in the league. Cauley Stein, Burks, Spellman, Mckinnie, Glenn Robinson III, and Damien Lee is still enough depth for that starting 5. The defense should fall off quite a bit, but not enough to completely bury these guys. They just have to hold down the fort until Klay gets back. Even as a 7th or 8th seed, no one would want to face this team. I still think they are a top 4 or 5 team in the West at worst.

da_juice likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Serious question, money is no object: would you trade Conley or Gobert for Gordon?

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Hell yeah to gobert

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How about Conley? Or Mitchell?

I'd do it for Mitchell though we'd miss EGo's defense.. which to me means Conley is their "third guy". Mitchell is their number one guy in my opinion. I have no clue how they justified putting Mitchell in this article.

BaselineFade and da_juice like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

conley is always injured and you can't depend on him. his body's less reliable than cp3's. gobert is a much better rim protector than capela, but is limited defensively on the perimeter. for our roster i probably keep ego, but gobert is more valuable as a piece no doubt

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Can trade capela to a 3 or 4 who can contribute more than ego or mitchell

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gobert is a stud and interesting player.

9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I think people are getting too caught up on the rankings. It's just a format when the writer clearly wanted to just write an article about 'hey here's 5 guys I think are interesting' and the subeditor probably made them put numbers next to them. People like numbers. And lists. And rankings.

I kinda like that the ringer usually drops the pretence and will just flat out start an article or headline with something like 'here is something we want to talk about randomly'

da_juice likes this.
  10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Warriors that made Capela almost unplayable is gone. If we meet the Warriors in the playoffs Capela better play 30mpg or he will probably be traded next offseaskn

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Capela has shown that he's useless in big games. GS has played him off the court for the last two years.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess it's good to have three #3 guys on a team. :D

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gobert is a big roll of Charmin soft paper. Capela is pretty soft and he makes Gobert look soft.