1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. dmoneybangbang

I thought she got manslaughter, not murder. I don’t know about murder... and this is coming from someone who is very distrustful of law enforcement.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Oh so when someone is banned, all their posts disappear?

Bummer. Was hoping to have some good lolz.

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

She admitted to murder. Not that hard to wrap your minds around that.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought she should get manslaughter and 15 years

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I didn't think so.

6. likestohypeguy

I missed it, who got banned?

Yeah you could have actually, and then some (ie the testimony the jury didn't hear). It was all on the live stream.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe I put the poster on ignore.

My bad.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Taking out your gun and pulling the trigger is a willful act, not an accident.

9. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

This country is turned into a death for money paradise fueled by trial lawyers and the victim mentality. Cop made a mistake, walked into wrong apartment and thought had an intruder. Was stupid and was a mistake. She is going to jail for 20 years so will be punished for her mistake.

No amount of money will bring their son back.

Why would one penny change that?

How much money is a life worth?

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Police departments train their officers to maximize their own personal safety by killing citizens with little provocation. The Jean family can't fill the void their son left with money, but suits might help the Dallas PD find ways to make encountering a police officer less lethal.

edwardc likes this.
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was just about to say more or less the same thing. I feel quite a bit sorry for Amber Guyger as her actions were the product of the system that trained her. She pretty much reacted exactly as had been hammered into her to react. I don't think she is a danger to society by any means, but she's going to jail for a long time.

I don't believe, however, that the PD will be able to change even if they saw a problem and wanted to. The norms of behavior for police are basically determined by consensus on a national level. Any department that tried to ramp down the force levels would get browbeat back into compliance by "national police experts" and other police departments. I think it will require a very consistent and expensive pattern of lawsuits lost to cause change.

#711 Ottomaton, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    JuanValdez and Astrodome like this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well when you have a loaded gun you better not make a mistake that ends up with someone dead. She deserves some serious time.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Looks like sentencing delayed until tomorrow.

As for crooked cops. Let's not forget about the bogus search warrant that was put together by a scummy cop and judge looking for dirt to smear Jean with.

Nook and edwardc like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just because she is a police officer this should not be compared to in the line of duty deaths. She killed him as a civilian.

I understand police are always police but she wasn't working or responding to a call

On that note all the on job deaths are different cases

Nook likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On the conservative crowd let's not make assumptions. A lot of them don't trust government including the police. One reason they want to keep their AR15s is government distrust

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

She saw a black male sitting on the couch eating ice cream, pulled out a gun and proceeded to shoot him. That act is being framed as an "accident". This is exactly what is wrong with people's logic. Her default is shooting a black male where she thinks he shouldn't be, and the accident is that he was in his own apt.

icewill36 and amaru like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its sad man, that someone can actually see that as an accident. I hate bringing race into it but lets not **** around, she saw a black male , went stupid in her head and got ready to shoot him. Just because he happened to be in his own apt doesn't make it an accident @Rocketman1981 should apologize

amaru, CometsWin and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Prob because she shot to kill and didn't do jack **** to save his life after she made her oopsie.

We try minority kids as adults for far less.

Maybe the real problem is the system and the paranoia we put against each other.

mdrowe00 and amaru like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ww dont try people for far less in terms of murder. Most murder trials are murder