1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's 9 pg long. I read it this morning. Took less than 5 mins.

These senators are literally...

[​IMG]

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nyt reporter reporting their was no quid pro quo. We all knew that though. This explains why the topic of aid never came up.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Surprised when I pulled up this video but the Fox News analyst was pushing back pretty hard, at least relative to what Fox News usually does.

She looked almost confused at how anyone could defend this blindly.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you're going to ignore the fact that there doesn't have to be quid pro quo for this to be an impeachable offense?

https://www.justsecurity.org/66277/the-quid-is-a-crime-no-need-to-prove-pro-quo-in-ukrainegate/

#384 FranchiseBlade, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Probably surprised to actually watch fair and balanced programming. There's a reason they’re #1. You should watch more often and take a break from the biased fake news that has you brainwashed.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well if it's half as bad then he's half as impeached.

Amiga, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, that's what I said, I was surprised to find them be fair and challenge Conway on that.

As for brainwashed, hey, you're the guy backing a president that has threatened the whistleblower with violence, not me.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The sad thing is that they were doing that because Conway asked them to do it. She needs some cover before people realize that she is the one who leaked the info to the whistleblower.

Hakeemtheking and JayGoogle like this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

*snicker*

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There is a reason they are number 1 and it has nothing to do with them being fair and balanced.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. tallanvor

By the articles interpretation, asking chris steele to dig up dirt on trump was illegal....

Foreign national providing something of value pertaining to an election and hillary asking/paying for it.

Hillary should be locked up. I kid. Just pointing out how dumb your article is.

In trumps case, he can easily claim that his request has nothing to do with an election and pertains to his job.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He is welcome to try that line of defense if he wishes. Several reasons why that won't work have already been presented including the fact that Biden had already been investigated and cleared from Ukraine, the timeline of when Hunter started and when there were problems at the company, the fact that he mentioned Joe Biden rather than Hunter and Joe Biden is his political opponent, etc. The list is even longer than that. But if Trump and you would like to try that defense, go ahead and try.

13. tallanvor

He doesn't have to. As explained, that articles interpretation is not even remotely close to accurate.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is simply no point in even trying anymore with Trump supporters. Comparing Hillary as a candidate not holding office hiring Fusion GPS to Trump ... as a sitting president....holding military aid of a NATO ally who is currently under attack and extorting them to get dirt of Biden is quite rich.

It’s fantasyland. They cannot comprehend their own emotional feelings and are in denial. It doesn’t matter how lawless Trump and the feckless Republicans are as long as their hatred for Democrats remains so they can justify the ends.

Tallv and others are operating with their emotional hatred swaying their logic and reason to evaluate any subject with any sense of objective conclusion.

So again .... there’s no point. I feel sort of sorry for them.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The article quotes the actual statue. The statute is accurate.

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You need to spoiler that b****, I stopped watching the walking dead for a reason. My girl thanks you...

FranchiseBlade, B-Bob and JayGoogle like this.
  17. tallanvor

So explain why Hillary hiring oppo research from a foreign national is legal according to that interpretation.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

When Hillary is having impeachment procedures taken against her, I will. Stay on topic. I could care less about Hillary.

Deckard, B-Bob and JayGoogle like this.
  19. tallanvor

Haha sweet retort. Btw , dont stop at trump. You could get Cruz for using cambridge analytica as well. Or ben Carson. Apparently nobody knew about this crazy law of yours.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member