1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What an awesome movie. I loved it as a kid when I saw it. I think it was one of the first time when I noticed little things like the cinematography. The colors in that film alone made it interesting to watch. It was so well done.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't underestimate that Trump and his people are actually dumb and are no better at predicting political outcomes than anyone else, which is why they were as surprised as anyone in 2016.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Let’s hope common sense wins out.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

hee! hee!

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess you didn't read it then?

REEKO_HTOWN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Trust me I can tell it had a big influence

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm guessing you haven't seen the movie. It doesn't sound like you know what happened in it, who was portrayed as the good guys or bad guys or if there were even either of those in that movie.

B-Bob and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

by whom, the US or Ukraine ?

WSJ and other publications had already reported, a few years back, that there was an Ukranian investigation on both the son and father,,
    which concluded that there was no evidence of wrongdoing.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, no doubt.

They are spending all this political capital and energy on destroying Biden when he may not even be the candidate, especially after this.

All this talk about how this is going to expose Democrats and hurt democrats when Warren isn't Biden, or Bernie, or the others. If Biden is guilty of wrongdoing (and it looks like he isn't anyway) then the Democrats will happily jettison him and move on. As long as they make themselves out to be the party that is actually putting country before party I think they'll do just fine with independents.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i did read it and the markets agree as odds of impeachment plummeted. personally i think impeachment is going to happen . Pelosi can't stop that train.

[​IMG]

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Is that what the highly volatile impeachment markets did? Really? I missed it. That's odd because I trade heavily in the impeachment markets. It's scary because they do such high volume and are volatile, but I like to live on the edge. I'm glad that you are also brave enough to follow the impeachment markets. Such genius-level financial gurus in the impeachment markets. It's wise to keep a close eye on what these impeachment markets will do as these proceedings continue. I just hope it doesn't lead to another great depression.

AleksandarN likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

*closes eyes and inhales deeply, stretching the seams of my "Trump That b****" t-shirt across my body-by-tendies pecs*
    "Put it all on the impeachment markets, YOLO"

joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This isn't about markets.

This is about if he did something illegal or not, which he admitted he did, which the transcript shows. That's what this is about.

If the Markets are plummeting maybe it has to do with the GOP wanting to ignore and downplay it. I already see Graham is not going for it, going on and on about Biden.

What a sad day for the country, the GOP just doesn't care about laws anymore.

RayRay10 and mtbrays like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares about the markets? This is about our countries integrity......the markets are irrelevant, stop proving the point that the Republicans don't care about anything but their own personal wallets.

DD

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Trump looks bad here. His followers will try to spin it, but he looks bad.

Biden and his son, even if they did nothing illegal, also look bad in my opinion.

Elizabeth Warren could really benefit from this mess as Trump and Biden throw mud at each other.

joshuaao and ROXTXIA like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, he broke the law, asked a foreign government to investigate a political rival - he 100% has to be impeached.

This puts the President in a compromising position - Trump has been overstepping - this is a clear illegal move.

Impeach and throw it to the Senate to see if they have the balls to do what is right constitutionally.

DD

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Predict it also had Hillary winning the Election hours before the end.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just amazing to me.... all of this....

I cannot believe THIS is the sanitized positive spun version of events Trump and co. are sharing. This is incredibly damning, and puts Bill Barr right at the center of it all which calls into question his ability to have any involvement in the decision to prosecute or make any decisions on the criminality of the complaint from the inspector general AND unlawfully advise to with hold from Congress.

AG Barr must either be impeached himself as part of this inquiry or step aside & let his deputy appoint a special counsel. There's just no way for the DOJ to have an ounce of credibility moving forward if he's still left in charge at this point.

CometsWin likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Number One/Ernst Stavro Blofeld: Siamese fighting fish. Fascinating creatures. Brave, but of the whole stupid. Except for the occasional one such as we have here who lets the other two fight. While she waits -- waits until the survivor is so exhausted that he cannot defend himself. And then like SPECTRE, she strikes.

Dubious and B-Bob like this.
  20. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

You Only Live Twice, great film