1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

So I watched the 'Mark Felt' movie yesterday in the rain and what it reminded me of was that the Nixon Administration decided they were self-justified in actions outside of Constitutional Law and the checks and balances of democracy. Their crime was a general cowboy attitude in the pursuit of their biases i.e. anti-communist, law and order, white supremacy.

We've certainly superseded that.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's just cognitive comfort. Anyone worried about or criticizing POTUS must be friend of Hillary or part of "deep state." It's so easy and then one can go back to setting his fantasy football lineup after owning a few libs on Facebook first.

#22 B-Bob, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Nook, Deckard, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just imagine if this was Obama...if Obama did half of the things, a quarter of the things, that Trump did the GOP would declare actual war.

4. adoo

adoo Member

i believe that the complaint was filed way before Maguire was named acting director.

it'd appear that Maguire is caught in the middle.

the House Committee should subpoena the DNI mgmt team, former Director Coates and Asst Dir Sue Gordon, when the complaint was filed w the IG​

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

The boy that cried wolf too many times begins to not be taken seriously. Let’s not wait and get the facts it’s pile on time again after any allegation, it’s too much day in and day out. I understand TDS is an awful affliction but it doesn’t have to be.

TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is more of a case of the boy crying wolf, then getting attacked by wolves...time and time and time again and no one caring.

I understand you have LDS but I'm willing to work with you here.

No Worries likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

whats the objective of the trump admin? its being loyal to trump and saving their own skin. and trumps objective is enriching himself and his brand. while his supporters are on board as long as white supremacist agenda is continued by trump

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. cml750

cml750 Member

You would think they would know better by now to immediately believe every single story that comes out about Trump. Maybe one day one will be completely true so they do not keep looking like Charlie Brown going to kick the football Lucy is holding over and over.

mick fry likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

trump defender... and the irony considering how trump continuously lies about everything.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What's to stop the whistleblower from walking over to Pelosi's office and scheduling a closed door session to inform Congress what he'd reported?

Nook likes this.
  13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Appointing conservative judges is the #1 for the sycophants I believe. It will influence public policy interpretations for 25 years. Limiting governmental restraints on profits and shareholder values is the corporate motivation. increasing military spending for the warhawks and defense industry. The 1% got their tax cuts but are afraid of many Democratic proposals.

CometsWin likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So if it wasnt a "heavily populated" call..

Funny he said ill do the right thing anyway LOL

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:D
    ".... is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially “heavily populated” call."

Well, hoss, I don't know how to break this to you: But anyone collecting objective data on your time on earth and in office? Yes, pretty much anybody would believe that you would say something inappropriate, no matter the circumstances. LOL. Anything else would be kinda shocking, TBH.

Nook, RayRay10, Ottomaton and 2 others like this.
  16. mick fry

mick fry Member

TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You know, it could be Trump playing 4D chess, promising one thing and but intending something else, and the intelligence person and the IG aren't wise to the gambit. Imagine if Nazi Germany had a whistleblower blow the lid off the Nazi-Soviet Pact -- 'hey, hey, there's a secret agreement to carve up Poland!' -- not knowing that Hitler planned to double-cross Stalin the whole time and declare war.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's probably much safer to go to WAPO where they can probably do a better job of protecting their identity. If you are a career official especially you know that the moment you step into capital hill, you are being watched, & they'll figure out who you are even if Pelosi can protect your identity which I'm not sure she can. By the rules of the House if she knows, the House Minority probably has to know as well.

The Republican minority leader runs to the White House, and DOJ, and Barr etc. do whatever they can to ruin your life they are with McCabe.

I personally took the report yesterday as a warning shot across the bow to the acting DNI and IG that they need to push this to Congress & protect his/her identity the proper way, or they are going to the media really really soon. So far from what I can tell, it looks like the media is the safest way to go at this point.

Also the White House & Barr are likely doing everything they can to learn the identity of this person from the acting DNI & the IG. I would say time is of the essence because its only a matter of time this person has to get it out before they get aggressive with him to shut him up.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think the fact that you see this as 'cried wolf too many times' prove b-bob point. This is the 1st time, only time, so far that there is a credible urgent complaint filed by a whistleblower that is being blocked by the (acting) DNI. But you see this as the 10000x time.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Meh. Nothing to see here, just Trump betraying his country, expressly failing to fulfill his oath of office and committing inpeachable offenses again

This is all totally normal!

RayRay10, Rashmon and ROXTXIA like this.