1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2019.

1. conquistador#11

I think it means Deshaun needs to dump it off to the hot receiver. But B.O.B is basically Mchaling it here by not saying it. Billy's the coach and O.C he has to hit that point with Deshaun til he's blue in the face. I counted 1 pseudo rub route last game. Deshaun isn't drawing up and creating the plays. Better game plan.

2. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I’m guessing he means that when the defense brings more guys than the line can block it is on Deshaun to get the ball to the hot receiver quickly. So he is essentially protecting the oline players while also not wanting to call out Deshaun publicly.

3. Buck Turgidson

If these Texans have shown us anything, it's that they can be competitive with anyone in the league and they can lose to anyone in the league. The only thing I know for sure is that BoB will be the coach, so that puts the team in a 3-7pt hole before the opening kickoff.

juanm34, red5rocket and Nook like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Throwing his QB under the bus.

Deshaun better watch out before he's traded/released next!

Clowney
    Colvin
    Daniel
    Deshaun you're next!

Shroopy2, Nook and Nimo like this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is like blaming someone for being late when they had bad directions. Yes they should have figured out they made the wrong turn very quickly and made a quick u-turn and figured it out. True. But none of that would be needed if they had good directions.

macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Do we not lose to better team? Are u happy with the results at playoffs? I have some Texans defender here glad to just participate in the playoffs regardless of the results. They would blindly defend that season is a success even after getting fking destoryed in playoffs. To me that's not success, hence the intense criticism of the coach.
    Just b/c people complain about the franchise doesnt = troll. We have differing opinion, so b it.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I didn't say a participation trophy was needed. I Shouldn't have put "better teams" in that post. It should have been ,"... Sure he'll make us better but we will still lose lose in the playoffs..."

I went ahead and fixed that post. thanks

#28 Blatz, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Charger fans (if they still exist) are probably saying "it's facts, they almost lost to an injured Jags team with a rookie QB named Minshew.....I think we will be fine"

10. Texanstradamus

I think we steal this in a shoot out 30-27

11. HstnSprtsFan101

I honestly love all the talking heads “Is it time to worry about Deshaun Watson??” a week after his performance on MNF. Fully expect us to to bounce back and be in the game like always. Hopefully we can make a stop late in the game.

macho GRANDE and raining threes like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

BOB is going to try to lose this game as he does every week but thankfully, we are going against a QB that notoriously is pretty good at losing close games so, maybe we'll squeak by this one.

raining threes likes this.
  13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Chargers' late game foibles are funny. Rivers once turned it over by fumbling the snap on a kneel down play.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sure but QB are the highest paid, the leaders, and being adaptable, resourceful, etc... are very important. You want rings, gotta have all that and more.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So I can't speak for BOB's or his shitty explanation but this is my interpretation.

Technically speaking, the QB and C have shared responsibilities to calls out assignments based on identifying the "Mike" LB. If the MLB is not ID'd properly it can screw up the rest of the assignments. They also have to "re-mike" if the D is disguised and shifting around pre-snap. **** is complicated for anyone let alone an inexperienced QB. I'm guessing Deshaun is "missing" some protection calls including pre-snap adjustments. But that's to be expected now but I think with more experience and film room work it should improve.

Hey Now! and marky :) like this.
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Chargers might be the most injured team in the league right now with multiple starters out in the secondary, Okung and Hunter Henry out, and obviously no Gordon (although Ekeler is playing well). BoB's record against good QBs is absolutely atrocious so you never know but this is as good of a scenario you could've asked for going into LAC (besides Rivers being out of course).

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

As much as BoB gets credit for losing to those QB’s and deservingly so, it’s always been Romeo’s defense that has fell on its face with less than a minute left.

Watson has outplayed Brady, Brees, and Wilson in big games, only for the defense to fail him. There has been about 3 minutes of bad defense that has directly effected his legend status.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

BoB wins 2 of those games with a 1st down on 3rd and short, and both times he ran Miller up the middle for no gain.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I agree. But it doesn't mean the other parties are absolved. I'm okay with blaming Deshaun Watson for not making up for others mistakes but let's not forget that others are making mistakes