1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone use pay as you go Cell Phones?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Le$$, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Some of the bigger names you see in Wally, ... Straight Talk, Metro, Republic, Go Smart, and the one at best buy Simple and Cricket.. Maybe in Target

Trying out this one now Mint Mobile, get alot of service for 90 days, but right now can't quite turn the data on. Anyone use any these services, or had trouble with them? I actually had so many drops with straight talk, that i gave up for the price they were charging me....

Anyone have any good exp with these piggy back carriers...????

2. likestohypeguy

I think you mean, mvno's? Because even AT&T, tmobile all of the primaries I think have their own pay as you go.

I have experimented with Mint mobile, wasn't best for me, but have since set up two ppl on on it who live in houston and they are super happy- if you are in town it's a pretty great value especially when you catch their promo deals. Can end up paying $10/month or less if you figure out long term it's going to work and buy in bulk. Why can't you turn your mint data on? Their CS is pretty good, call.

Recently experimented with google fi (via t-mobile, sprint, and us cell). Price was okay so long as I stayed around 2gb, but have since moved back to AT&T 16gb before throttling for $35 with autopay, and I've found to have the best building penetration, which is my priority. I'm too often in and out working in the worst buildings.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

switched from a motorola to a primeco phone

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

No problems with the ones I have used. I used to be with pure talk. No problems.

I switched to red pocket because it was a little cheaper, and have had no problems. With red pocket you can choose what network you want. Bring your own phone and it's really cheap. I don't need many minutes or data. I pay $10 per month.

Tello looks super cheap also.

Bestmvno.com has some useful information.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

[​IMG]

that you brodie?

ohmarioyes likes this.
  6. likestohypeguy