1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBALLBREAKDOWN] Harden Post Ups

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I lol'ed at the Raycon earbuds

Dave2000 and don grahamleone like this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

While I agree Harden should post up more, I saw who this video was made by and I refuse to click on that ****

RocketsFan0 likes this.
  4. roro12

roro12 Member

Harden mid range shot was so money 4 or 5 years ago I wish he would incorporate that back into his game

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, then you are missing a Cuttino Mobley cameo appearance.

Cat could be in title of the thread,,,he has a lot to say in it.

@Reeko -- for more clicks consider editing...
    "[BBALLBREAKDOWN] Harden Post Ups ft. Cuttino Mobley" :cool:

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wasn't the turn around step back jumper in the lane the move that got Harden his first player's MVP? If Harden put all his skills together in one season, he would be unstoppable.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. alethios

alethios Member

THIS! I would love to see Harden add more post ups to his game. He's got the strength and sturdy build for it, plus with his ability to draw fouls, he would feast on the low post.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Cuttino there. . .. I'm there!!

I like the idea of More Harden Post Ups. . . .esp with Westbrook

Rocket River

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Coach Nick is a hater. Weird for a guy who likes to teach the game yet hates Harden for using the rules to his advantage?

It's almost as strange as some of the 'rockets fans' on here that can't stand Harden for some reason.

I'm all for Harden posting up and Westbrook and anyone who can go down there and be effective (Rivers and EGo come to mind).

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not gonna give coach nick anymore clicks for a while. His quality has tanked.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He should make use of his fat butt.

His 'fans' would start complaining he's not fat enough.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Normally, I would say that nah, post ups are inefficient. But you know what, I think there might be something to this. When games get tight or when teams are forcing Harden right like the Jazz or Bucks, itd be cool to have this in his bag.

I remember Lebron was doing a ton of post ups 2 years ago and it was great for him ...but then again maybe he just made an absurd amount of shots.

13. likestohypeguy

YEah, that's the title you want.

heypartner likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don’t get me started Cuttino Mobley. I started a thread last year on the matter of Rockets posting up by using Melo.

https://stats.nba.com/players/playtype-post-up/
    (found on page 3)

Player (18/19).............poss..............freq..............ppp...........FG%................NBA percentile
    Harden.........................0.3................0.9%...........1.21..........64.7%.......................94.6
    (Melo did it better)
    Melo.............................2.2...............15.7%..........1.41..........78.9%........................98.0

Just not the Rockets way.........or shall I say not D’Antoni’s way

#14 ApacheWarrior, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Rocket River likes this.
  15. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I do remember Harden converting his post-ups at a very high rate for that season or two in which he used it more. I hadn't seen the stepback used in the post before and Harden was nailing it consistently.

However, I do wonder if Nick's analysis is correct, in stating that it'd help him reserve energy. I feel like battling for post position could be tiring for some, especially if other teams start to scheme around it and put bigger, stronger players on him to battle down there. But then again, maybe that'll just set up his iso game on the perimeter. Shrugs. Decent idea.

Overall, I do think Nick and Cuttino's point is true: Guards these days are much more skilled and thus able to post up with more efficiency than the league's bigs.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The Cat is a handsome man

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.