1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I give Keanu plenty of credit. Guy's nearing his mid-50's and although he obviously doesn't do the jumping-leaping-from-a-building stunts, the dude is spry in those scenes. Hell, I'd pull a muscle so quick doing some of those fight scenes.......Then again, he supposedly did two hours of stretching per day while filing the Matrix sequels. How the hell is that even possible?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Ted "Theodore" Logan, III

R0ckets03, Jontro and Kim like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why not Jack Traven? Hmmm...?

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Take it back. He's most excellent.

Blurr#7, R0ckets03, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  6. donkeypunch

7. jcf

jcf Member

So, magic?

Jontro likes this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

The first half was solid. The second half all just a little to convenient. It all should have ended with the doctor just slicing his neck because he had him right there when the clock started ticking. However, agree with others that the animal horse assist and knife fight were very good and great fun. Atmosphere was solid. Halle added nothing, but the scene with the dog attacks were good.

9. likestohypeguy

I wish I could get into the right gear to consume these... massive keanu fan; I like many other action franchises like bourne, mission impossible, bond, matrix; have no problem with an impossibly awesome bad ass; high RT scores, I should really like these. Just find myself rolling my eyes in my head throughout.

Keep trying though out of principle, certain to try 4 also.

10. Invisible Fan

Don't force yourself. This one takes itself the least serious. Might help to watch with others with the same mindswith.

11. likestohypeguy

Yeah it's been too long, but thought I remembered enjoying the first one more.

But no, that's what I kind of do, force myself until I either get it or get worn out. I'm not worn out yet, and I do get some of it, the obvious comedic elements; and I generally barely endure superfluous drawn out fight scenes, unless they're unusually beautiful, have perfectly integrated and important dialogue (not one line zingers, think princess bride sword fight), or are just off the charts creative- that knife throwing fight scene in the weapons museum(?) where they were punching window after window & instantly grabbing and throwing unlimited knives at each other was one of the more brilliant ones. So not hating (I realize I sound like "I DONT GET IT PLEASE CONVINCE ME" guy) I don't mean it that way.

12. Invisible Fan

I get what you mean. Lately, there are some movies, that I remember loved watching, I just fast forward through some shock driven scenes.

Not sure if the novelty wore off or my tastes changed.

Mindset man. You don't watch Holocaust documentaries if you want to shut down the noggin.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I watched it this weekend -- they have built an amazing world for Mr. Wick to exist -- I felt like I was playing an incredible video game boss level set to extreme. I am definitely looking forward to the next installment of this adventure.

Dogs, lots of dogs...

9.1/ 10

Blurr#7, tmoney1101 and B-Bob like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have enjoyed all 3 but may have loved 2 the best, b/c of absurd Common scenes and the ending.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Somehow I only just now saw this. Best of the series so far. Loved the inclusion of Mark Dacascos and Yayan Ruhian and am hoping for more The Raid cast to show up in 4.

Jontro likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

Real life John Wick

17. Buck Turgidson

Where's the follow-up gif of him inevitably shooting himself in the leg?

18. donkeypunch

Well, he's a Russian bodyguard, so hed probably just pour some vodka on it and walk it off.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn’t care for 3 much. It just got a bit too much with the fight choreography. It may have jumped the shark in my waters. Bigger fight scenes doesn’t mean better.

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My thoughts exactly.

I thought the 1st 2 were a little more grounded.