1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Like many that support Trump, they hold everyone else to a higher standard to the point where any flaw at all is disqualifying...but Trump?

Trump is held to the lowest standard possible.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's the corner they've painted themselves into -- or really that 45 has painted all his supporters into.
    But at this point, what criticism could you have of a candidate where Trump wouldn't automatically be worse? I can think of these:
    • Candidate X is "too PC" -- 45 is definitely not that.
    • Candidate X is a "career politician" and "part of the establishment."
    • Candidate X has never been president. (Before anyone laughs, that will come up in this election, many times.)

There's nothing else, realistically. Too impulsive? Ha. Sketchy friends? Hahaha, no. Not qualified? LOL-burger with cheese.

And any "businessman" thing is still laughable, b/c 45 was a complete failure (and often an outright fraud) in his own business dealings. But I expect "he can really handle the economy!" will be trotted out ad nauseum and contra factum.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Andrew Yang introducing some sense into the Democrat primary contest with regards to "Cancel culture" and the need to stop being so excessively punitive and vindictive about remarks that people find offensive.

Andrew Yang refuses to join cancel culture on SNL cast member’s jokes

“Shane – I prefer comedy that makes people think and doesn’t take cheap shots. But I’m happy to sit down and talk with you if you’d like,” Yang responded to Gillis.

Yang responded, however, by promoting a message of forgiveness over calling for punishment. Yang appeared on CNN with Jake Tapper where he said the tweets were racist, but that he is upset with how punitive the country has become.

“I believe that our country has become excessively punitive and vindictive about remarks that people find offensive or racist and that we need to try and move beyond that if we can,” Yang said.​

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

which president has called for taking guns without a court order again?

5. biff17

biff17 Member

Good for Yang but he has to understand a lot of his base are those very people who wants everybody punished for everything.

Hopefully they take heed.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The credibility of the New York Times was already severely diminished after their role in the attempted coup against President Trump and countless other 'Fake news' stories, which continue to be pushed out at a rapid and aggressive pace, clearly in support of their pro-left, anti-Trump agenda.

One might think that at some point, they would want to stop doing that and start trying to rebuild their credibility by committing themselves to producing nothing but quality journalism that is backed up by solid, non-partisan facts and sources. LOL. Apparently not.

Their latest is a smear piece against Justice Kavanaugh - again - where he is accused of sexual misconduct. But as it turns out, the alleged victim has no recollection of this event and the source was a lawyer for the Clintons.

Despite Fake Claim Against Kavanaugh, 2020 Democrats Aren't Retracting Their Calls to Impeach Him

Over the weekend the New York Times published a bogus story falsely accusing Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of additional misconduct while in college. After being called out on the facts, the paper issued a correction on their story and admitted the claims of sexual misconduct weren't remembered by the alleged "victim." Instead, the claims were made up and pushed to the media by a Washington D.C. attorney close to the Clintons.

Before the correction, the false NYT story prompted a number of 2020 Democrats to further smear Kavanaugh and call for his impeachment.

All of these tweets are still up. In fact, Harris proudly pinned hers to the top of her profile and is doubling down. As a reminder, not single accusation against Kavanaugh had evidence or corroboration.​

But wait, there is more. A number of the Democrat presidential candidates came out prematurely - in support of "Cancel culture" - and immediately called for Justice Kavanaugh's impeachment.

And they are still doing it, even though it is now clearly established that this story was fabricated by a Democrat left smear campaign led by a former lawyer for Hillary Clinton.

Could these people be any more of a disgrace than they currently are? It is hard to see how.

#1686 MojoMan, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    El_Conquistador likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

One might.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, disparages the journalistic integrity of the New York Times, and then posts an article from townhall.com

Nook, Invisible Fan and KingCheetah like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why I respect Trump supporters that are honest.

There are some that will tell you "I know he lies, I know he's a terrible person, but I support his policies" but these kind that will sit here and tell me with a straight face that Warren lied and this isn't qualified all while supporting Trump...I honestly don't know what to do with that.

I feel like we used to have such a higher standard for that office that I'm afraid of what will come next. Trump is absolutely the lowest of the low and possibly (I think there's a debate) the most unqualified president of all time.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There was no "attempted coup" -- there was a serious, long investigation, with a substantial report resulting, that was set in motion by members of the executive branch appointed by Donald J. Trump. There were a shocking number of indictments and guilty pleas resulting from this FBI investigation. The Times and other outlets largely just reported the news of the investigation as it unfolded. Opinion columnists, of all stripes, from all outlets, wrote their own fatheaded opinions and theories on the daily. None of that is a "coup" either.

You and FOX and your friends (or the Daily Kos or Mother Jones and so on) don't get to keep trying to rewrite history. Or... you will of course try, but you need to be called out, despite how tedious this is for people who seriously care about truth.

I hope none of us lives to see an actual "coup" b/c real ones are not very pretty.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When the coup makes its move watch out.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harris down to a campaign low of 6.2% average on the polls.

She was as high as 2nd place with a 15% polling average just two months ago, she had so much momentum, and then just completely crashed.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Wrong, there was a coup. The Obama Administration opened up investigations into the Trump campaign that were based on DNC-FBI coordinated and funded opposition research led by Fusion GPS. The FISA Court approved the spying on the campaign based on false information generated by the Obama intel agencies. The FBI and CIA used foreign assets (British, Australian) to entrap George Papadoupolous and pump him for information, plant damaging information, and spy on the campaign. A media-intel agency coordinated effort was made to amp up the Russian collusion charge to stoke fear and promote a Special Counsel. Disgraced former FBI Director James Comey leaked notes to the media to spur the hiring of a Special Counsel. John McCain, who had an axe to grind, lent bi-partisan 'legitimacy' to the entire ordeal, in part, because he was duped by the phony Steele dossier, and in an effort to strike back at Trump, who had offended him. During the investigation itself, the media-DNC-intel agencies coordinated media leaks at opportune times to improve public approval of the investigations -- months and months after the investigators found no collusion. Minor process crimes and years-old allegations were used during the investigation to force Cohen, Manafort, Flynn, and Roger Stone to talk under threat of taking away their freedom. All of these was intended to use public pressure to 1) ensure that Trump never took office, and then 2) remove him from office. That my friend, is the very definition of a coup. Without your emotions influencing your thinking, you would arrive at the same conclusion.

GOOD DAY

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah hopefully people snap themselves outa that .

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Full video of the veteran's story on our medical system being a failure, leaving him with nearly 140k in debt.

Heartbreaking.

#1695 ThatBoyNick, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Which is far more reliable and trustworthy than the New York Times.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You have truly lost your mind if you actually believe that.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Biden is leading in virtually every poll, except New Hampshire, where Bernie Sanders leads narrowly.

And yet, the betting odds are as follows:

36.9 - Warren
    25.3 - Biden
    14.8 - Sanders
    10.8 - Harris

Isn't that interesting. The bookies have Warren as the favorite and Harris is still looking like a possible contender.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    In addition to the growing concerns about Biden's mental and physical capabilities, Joe Biden voted for the Iraq War. Trump was opposed. This matters greatly to independent voters. Another reason why I believe it's inevitable that Biden withdraws. When that happens, the door opens for Hillary.

GOOD DAY

20. biff17

biff17 Member

You really don't understand how betting works.