1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 10, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Stellar insights per your usual.

juanm34 and B-Bob like this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

It was horrible today...defense was almost great...offense sucked....the coaching and game plan went to hell.... BOB sucks.... 11-5 this year and AFC exit.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

4. Buck Turgidson

Oh, and all defenders of BoB who continue to pretend that he is a good coach and that we/us fans are in fact the dumbasses who just don't know anything about football:

You ****ing suck. Everyone is laughing at you. You know who you are. That is all.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Im not a fan of ________, literally means the opposite. To defend BoB so passionately despite his faults, taking delusional homerism to the next level.

Hes doing fine my ass, oline is garbage, secondary is too garbage have to play prevent defense. And BoB usage of the clock, its like his mind goes blank during crunch time. Wasted two time outs last game for one fking challenge, and then refuses to use the two timeout this game to try for a td. This coach sucks, at least Kubiak had the balls to go for the throat plays. (He does turn away which i find funny).

Jake Tower and juanm34 like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The defense to not fire BoB: "Grass isnt always greener".
    That's the stupidest sht i have ever heard. Imagine if u had a fked up heart, and the operation to transplant isnt guarantee and might not be successful (grass isnt always greener) will u have Scarface's mindset and say nah i dont want to take the risk, im gonna pray and hope for the best?
    Nothing in life is guarantee, but doing nothing to fix the problem and praying/hoping for an opmistic outcome is just plain stupid.

I do hope front office doesnt have scarface's mentality when BoB fked this season up or we will be stuck in this mediocre state for god knows how long.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok, *******....I never wrote that. You are b****.
    Don’t do that **** again.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I know she did....

Isn’t that nice.

Isn’t that how it works?

Don’t do that **** again.

9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

That's just sad, considering the Chargers lost by 3 to Detroit. Although they beat the Colts by 6 at home. Weird start to the season so far.

Still, I think this is a very winnable game for the Texans. I'd take them on the money line, considering BoB often has them playing up or down to their competition.

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He's a rah-rah college coach who came into the NFL with a reputation as a minor QB whisperer. 6-ish years have shown he gets less out of his various QBs than other coaches, and he has a Les Miles-esque approach to game planning and clock management. I think he'd be good to very good in college.

He's mediocre to poor as an NFL coach, and the beneficiary of being in a division with one to two of the poorest run franchises in Jacksonville and Tennessee. His teams often appear unprepared, unpracticed, if not undisciplined---you rarely see Texans giving up stupid unsportsmanlike or unnecessary roughness penalties, compared to say, the Bengals, Raiders, or Jags---and his game plan is often predictable and pedestrian.

He's below average and just a bit better than replacement level as a coach. He's abysmal as a GM. Houston can do better. And won't, while BoB has several years left on his contract and the McNair family owns the team.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I wish Hopkins or watt would yell at OBrien the way Doug marrone got an earful from Ramsay. Someone he can’t just cut or trade.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I believe this was the "saddest" win I can remember as a Houston Sports Fan in my 50+ years. It's incredible we won with the depth of ineptitude from our HC/Play caller. For us to survive this season, Bill needs to relinquish the play-calling duties to OC and focus on overall game management. It's clear he doesn't have the ability to multi-task under stress.

Thank God for Justin Reid and the defense, who made a comeback this week. However, we came ever so close to making Gardner Minshew a folk hero in Jags Country, which is unacceptable.

If Will Fuller makes one of the two catches he dropped, this may have been a different game offensively. The only semi-roll-out play I recall is the one Watson scored. I don't understand, why we don't find more creative ways to protect Watson. Hyde looked good again. I also don't understand why we pay a 3rd pick for Duke and then refuse to game plan to his strengths.

We need to get our collective **** together quickly or this is going to be a very long season.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Don't test him. He facilitated the trades of their best OL and arguably their best defensive player for peanuts.

Jake Tower, Gray_Jay, SWTsig and 7 others like this.
  14. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

He probably would find a way to trade them for a third round pick if that happened. Then follow it up by signing another member of our offensive line to one of the richest extensions in the league.

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Watson was late on his reads yesterday. He has a tendency to hold on to the ball. It costed them a wide open td. But of course this doesn’t fit the “blame obrien” narrative, so this post will probably be ignored.

Frank Drebin and raining threes like this.
  16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Fair to point out Watson's poor play but that doesn't excuse O'Brien's poor handling of time outs.

#656 Chilly_Pete, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  17. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Don't worry Mario...... O'Brien can suck AND Watson can be late on his reads.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

None of it matters Brian.
    Still not beating the Patriots or Chiefs (who will rep the AFC) Brian.

Jake Tower and AstrosRockets1818 like this.
  19. AstrosRockets1818

Watt won’t do it. But I hope Hop does.

20. conquistador#11

This feels like the same stuff from last season. You guys that don't like watson for whatever reason won't change. I've tried to like O'brien but his management of easy situations is perplexing and that qb guy has bailed him out only for the staff and co to squander the heroics. Numerous times.

Of course Watson and his receivers were off. They left a lot of yards out there, missed throws, missed catches and many self inflicting penalties that killed drives.
    12 men on the field, not calling timeouts, not adjusting to a scheme that counters what the defense was doing, that's all preparation.

O'brien "Needs to do his job" or maybe not try to be Coach/ O.C/ GM/ Chef of the new kitchen and get some help. Even "HOF" qbs have had issues of holding on to the ball until they thank a new coordinator for bringing in a new scheme. Still, when play needs to be made Watson finds a way unfortunately tripping was called... Work harder... get better every day and be a better teammate.