1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Lopez is a turd. He should have been shown the door with Rich Lord.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Incompetent and soon-to-be-fired OBie must have noticed from last week's game tape that the Texans OL got DW4 sacked six times against an average defense at best.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That defense was 3 sacks away from leading the league in sacks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

My only concern is that Roderick didn't really play on the right side in preseason and camp. Maybe he has been practicing there all week. I hope he is not like Chris Clark who was pretty good on the left but horrible on the right.

#104 Nimo, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tunsil/Howard/Martin/Fulton/Johnson

The Future

Tunsil/Fulton/Martin/Scharping/Howard

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Now if we would just move Fulton into Martin's spot and Scharping into RG spot we would be set.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. CrazyJoeDavola

I wouldn't think that's happening anytime soon. BOB is not going to embarrass himself by giving Martin a contract extension and then benching him.

8. awc713

awc713 Member

Not trying to be negative, but can someone explain to me why we should even care about this team? Defense needs vast improvements if we’re going to do anything. We forced zero pressure against the Saints...why will it be any different the rest of the season? This team is going nowhere if we can’t pressure the QB

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Oh, I know, but that 5some would be our best line IMHO.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Because the Saints are the cream of the crop in the NFC, and even with that defense forcing zero pressure, which won't happen all year, we still almost outscored them. We were a terrible defensive call away from beating the team that many predicted will make the Super Bowl out of the NFC, and a good percentage of those predicted to win the whole thing.

This is a new look Texans team. It's going to be ao mexciting team. We're going to aim to outscore teams rather than get up by seven and try to grind the clock out.

This team could easily make the AFC championship game, in my opinion. If you choose to not be interested, for whatever reason, the bandwagon will probably have room for you and the others later in the season.

Nimo, Rudyc281 and Omihall23 like this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jaguars inactives
    WR Marqise Lee
    CB AJ Bouye
    RB Devine Ozigbo
    OL Cam Robinson
    OL Cedric Ogbuehi
    TE Josh Oliver
    DE Yannick Ngakoue
    [​IMG]

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hope you are right. I really do. I'm still cautious because last Mondays game looked very similar to the Patriots game a couple years ago. You could almost say the exact same things about that game. I want to see them actually win some of these games.

Two Sandwiches and Blatz like this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Interesting if Kelemete is a healthy scratch. I would have thought with Mancz out that Kelemete would be active

16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

good grief just stop pretending to be a fan wanting to start a pile on and stop watching already. My gosh some people are so miserable. If you can't find something good about this team then you are not even trying to look and your question is pointless. Dead owner is racist, I'm going to take a stand for standing while sitting on my couch, why aren't the Texans making any moves-I didn't want that move, what's the point in making the playoffs we will be one and done or we will just beat another crappy playoff team, They should be trying to win now- why are they going all in now they have no future..blah blah plus many more you most likely already have planed as an answer to any replies you get to your question

Newlin and mario_v like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is that both starting tackles out, and with a backup rookie QB starting? Ooof.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

22-20 texans

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Max Scharping time

20. Buck Turgidson

No excuses today. No moral victories. We need to drop a mother****ing soupbone on these guys.