1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to sign with the Nets (4 years, $164M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

He needs to win a ring on the team he built rather than riding the coat tails of former champions. Last year I was speculating that he wouldn't be happy with the rings he won in GS because it wasn't his team and he wouldn't get the credit and love he was looking for. People didn't agree and probably still don't but I think it's pretty obvious at this point.

He should have stayed in OKC and gutted it out until he got over the top of the mountain. Then the fans would feel for him the way the Mavs feel about Dirk, we feel about Dream, Miami is with Wade, etc.

Joining a stacked team might get you a couple of rings but it just isn't the same as battling through the process and building it yourself as the number one player. There's no comparison. That's what he's missing. That's what will make him happy.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dude should've signed here when there was the chance. The Rockets were the perfect situation for him...player friendly organization, would've played in a terrific team with his buddy James and nice guys like Horford, Capela, Pat, coached by a quiet dude like Mike...he could've won here and not being considered a coward...whatever i guess.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

up 3 to 1 vs gsw plus free agency afterwards to team of his choice including houston

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Funny, just when you thought he'd be more mature and take the high road, he just goes full numbskull and trashes the media, OKC as a city, as an organisation and even the people! Wow, that's low. Of course nobody's going to talk to you or treat you well after what you did Kevin! You abandoned a city for the team that beat you, left them out to dry and just thought about yourself. Kevin again lost my respect and hit a new low for me. Hope everybody kills him on the court.

Sadboy likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

KD seems to be looking for happiness and nothing currently brings that to him. I think it mentally scarred him when he went from OKC to GSW, he could not handle the way everybody spoke negatively about him. He could not handle how OKC fans acted out after he decided to leave.

He sees the NBA as a business, which is fine, that's what it is. The problem is that fans don't necessarily see professional sports as a business and their fandom can at times make the act irrational. KD probably thought that his fans would understand his decision and support him, but instead they lashed out at him. It pretty much seem to break him.

Every individual is wired differently and some don't need the support of others to get through life, while other individuals need all the support they can get. KD pre GSW was a pretty good guy, he had the support of the community and his fans regardless of the outcomes in the basketball court. He no longer has that support when he went to GSW because a majority of the fan base wanted to see him fail. KD let's things like this get to him easily which is why he acts and says the things he says.

Even though he is in Brooklyn, I don't think he will be able to shed the labels people have about him until he proves himself again. For KD, basketball seems to be life. He may have some ventures outside the basketball court, but growing up all he had was basketball. Basketball is suppose to be his happy place, but unfortunately for him, the decision to go to GSW ruined basketball for him. When that is such a huge part of his life, I can see why his spirit is broken.

Think about it, he wasn't this big of a dick pre GSW days.

Sadboy and smp like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

KD is a child. Plain and simple.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Youtube comment of the day
    KD is uncomfortable in his own skin. that’s why he’s constantly shedding

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Sounds like a man-child lashing out because everyone has moved on from giving him their complete attention.

He was yesterday's news with his WWF-style defection to Golden State. Today, even without the achilles injury and wasted season, a healthy Durant is only like the 3rd or 4th most newsworthy storyline to follow this season. That's why he keeps opening his mouth and keeps pulling these shenanigans in a desperate attempt to remain relevant.

Pathetic!

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Imagine if Harden or Russ had the mental makeup that KD has. Harden gets slandered constantly and brushes it off. Some random kid on Twitter will say something about Durant and he’ll catch feelings and clap back.

Durant should see a therapist if he isn’t already

Sadboy likes this.
  10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

He needs help. I guess kids that grew up in the South East just ain't tough like the kids that grew up in South central LA

Westbrook and Harden are both from South Central and the media hate these 2 players, but do you see these 2 give a damn??? HELL NAH NAH TO DA NAH

Westbrook and Harden are both mentally tough.

Meanwhile, KD and Dwight Howard both grew up in the South East and SOFT AS HELL MENTALLY.

Both KD and DWIGHT NEED TO SEE A SHRINK DAILY

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Durant needs to talk to Eric Gordon about how to have fun.

Jontro likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I bet Russ would still join Beard after a 41-41 season;)

Vivi likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

maybe KD and James weren't that close/tight

it turns out Beard and Brodie are bros while KD is the odd cupcake out

Vivi likes this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden and westbrook grew up together in the same area. Its like Dwight Howard and Josh Smith.

vlaurelio and Jontro like this.
  15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait, Dwight Howard and Josh Smith used to know each other? This is completely new information to me.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

I don’t see these Nets doing anything significant, KD nor Kyrie can lead. 2nd round fodder unless there’s serious injuries and or more talent going west.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There's this growing acceptance that Durant will come back to the level he was before his injury that I just don't get. Even if he's 70% the player he was he deserves a ton of respect, but the truth of the matter is the injury plus the time in his career in which is happened is pretty daunting. I'm not so quick to believe that he will be the prolific warrior and thunderer he once was. The number change is quite fitting, because, he might only be 1/5th the player he was. That's still a good player, but that isn't the game changer he's being billed as.

GotGame15 likes this.
  19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Durant said he wants to retire at 35 so this would be his last team I’m guessing.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member