1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Andrew Yang for President 2020 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roxfreak724, Feb 18, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Of course it has. Corporate pushes all kinds of crap to the ignorant masses. Taylor Swift/Twilight Book Series/Joe Biden/Hilary Clinton/etc

so on and on. Lap it up like a good dog.

2. biff17

biff17 Member

We are doomed.
    :(

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I remember when corporate propped up the presumptive dem nominee Hillary Clinton over that unheard of black kid with no experience in 2008 -- that was frustrating. What ever happened to that guy?

4. VanityHalfBlack

No to the White House

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

6. KingCheetah

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He played into the Asian stereotype and model minority stereotype from the very start. MATH is a perfect example. People have asked him directly about it. He is well aware of what he’s doing, feel comfortable about doing it - expressing who he is - and he said it’s unfortunate if you think all Asian are alike.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He does that a lot. He's trying to be funny and non-PC. For some, it's upsetting, for most they just lol and move on.

It's a calculated decision, politics and PC has changed with Trump as president.

I've heard him say "I'm Asian so you know I like math" as well. It stemmed from the "I'm the opposite of Trump, an Asian man who likes math" line that did well.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Those lines are funny - but they don't drive votes. They make him seem like an unserious but entertaining sideshow.

biff17, Cold Hard and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Major likes this.
  12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

I like Yang, but he needs to get more involved in some of the most contentious issues being debated, like guns and healthcare. Just raise your damn head, and give them your perspective.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I like this guy a lot .

I think the best ticket is Yang for president and warren for VP .

I feel like he needed to get some basics of his platform out first . If he made a “mistake” early on it could devastate his ability to gain steam .

This guy should be the next president

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I do not see any Dem who beats Trump in 2020, having any support from Republicans in Congress. The Dem President's only hope is if the Dems win back the Senate, which is a long shot at best right now.

biff17 likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He was/is one of the best candidates in the last 50 years. I read both of his books after his convention speech for Kerry. I still don't think he would have won if he were white though.

If Bernie Sanders were a bit younger and more attractive he probably would have beat Clinton. These races do not only have a single variable Mr. Cheetah.

16. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

17. VanityHalfBlack

18. adoo

adoo Member

Andrew Yang, the entrepreneur and 2020 Presidential candidate, has to endure cheap shots like

Shane Gillis, one of 3 newest members of SNL, called out Yang directly in audio from an episode of the Real Ass Podcast.
    Gillis can be heard calling Yang a "Jew ch---k," as well as the comedian using racial slurs and Chinese accents.
    he is facing backlash over using racial and homophobic slurs.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

Your point reads that corporate chooses an establishment candidate and pushes them through at the expense of others running -- that person in 2008 was Clinton. Obama came out of nowhere and blew her away demonstrating corporate actually does listen and look for the best candidate -- we've had plenty of time with everyone and there is no Obama equivalent this time.

JuanValdez likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes I am making that point. And no offense. But you are out of your damn mind if you don’t think corporate media doesn’t push the people they push. Andrew Yang is getting that to some extent.

And Obama overcame that. But was still a senator though.