1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Andrew Yang for President 2020 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roxfreak724, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

increasingly? :D

B-Bob likes this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I just noticed the official Yang for President thread is at 35 pages. The official Warren thread is at 32 pages. The next closest is the official Harris thread at 25 pages followed by Biden at 20 pages. I admittedly have not read through every single page of this or any of the other threads other than checking from time to time when they move to the top but is Yang really that popular here? Granted counting thread pages is a very unscientific way to judge this but I did find this interesting.

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Great insight, will read again.

biff17 and cml750 like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Page length is probably a better indicator of controversy than popularity. Plenty of posts in here are about how UBI won't work or how Yang is such a whiner. I think he's distinct in this race in that he's bringing up some radical ideas for reform that didn't come from the DNC Establishment. He doesn't conform to the party line on most topics while generally aligned with principles, so there's actually something to talk about.

6. bongman

bongman Member

I don't think anybody will disagree with you on the above. That is not the issue.
    Since the network has taken the responsibility of presenting the candidates and there are NO other platform which will allow the candidates to debate for the WHOLE nation to see, there should be no reason for them to prefer one candidate over the other. This is part of the political climate that voters are complaining about that the networks have a vested interest on who wins. Its "for the people" not just for SOME people.

VanityHalfBlack and JuanValdez like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, that's interesting. Why did they even try Yang vs Trump, but not Beto and/or Pete?

http://emersonpolling.com/2019/09/10/sanders-slips-in-new-hampshire-biden-warren-take-lead/

[​IMG]

In hypothetical head-to-head matchups, Trump trails all the Democratic candidates except Warren, where he is ahead at 51% to 49%. Outside of Biden’s 10 point lead, Andrew Yang performed second best with 54% of the vote. Spencer Kimball, director of Emerson Polling said “it is interesting to see Yang outperform his Democratic rivals against Trump. In this case, his lower name recognition may allow voters to idealize his candidacy (ah, that makes no sense).”

B-Bob likes this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

Is that the rockets practice gym, lolol.

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Daryl Morey about to put pen to paper and sign Andrew Yang to the squad

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

DM is awesome

12. biff17

biff17 Member

Yikes!

13. biff17

biff17 Member

it was click bait not a Lie and they have more than made up for it since then.

Nobody has been reporting that those things are a summary of his campaign since the debate or really ever.

I think you are blowing up that admittedly sensational tweet as being something that it is not.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Will Yang get a Morey bump?

B-Bob likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

1. It was click-bait AND a lie. They made a material misrepresentation of his platform so that people will say 'OMG this dude is off his rocker' and generate some retweets, likes, etc. It doesn't make it okay for an outfit that wants to be considered real journalism to lie for clicks.

2. I wasn't making anything of it until you posted to minimize it and say it's no big deal or that was a long time ago or whatever. I'm actually not offended for Yang's sake. I'm offended at the failure of journalistic integrity (though I suppose I can't say I'm surprised by it). I'd let it go by, except I feel compelled to respond when people say its okay for journalists to fail at their jobs because their subject is some fringe candidate who won't get elected anyway. So I won't make a big deal out of it unless you try to deny it was ever a failure. It was.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing Yang as a Knicks fan is a Morey admirer. Probably has mad respect for Dream too.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I didn't think it was that great.

B-Bob and biff17 like this.
  18. biff17

biff17 Member

So who says they prefer one candidate over another?

Why is that an absolute?

How do you measure this?

How do you account for the fact that the front runner gets the most negative coverage?

19. biff17

biff17 Member

It can't be a lie because it was something he actually was an advocate of.

I never said it was ok and agree there should none of this in journalism but with things the way they are this is pretty small potatoes.

I think the current state of journalism is big reason we are where we are as a country but I think you are reaching that to think they trying to create a this dude is off his rocker narrative.

I have seen to many positive mentions of Yang on that Network since he got in the race to go there, matter of fact until that post I never knew about those things pertaining to him.

20. JuanValdez

In my view of the world, intentionally telling only part of the story in order to manipulate what your audience believes is a lie. This feels reminiscent to arguments with a Trumper about Trump's Mexicans-are-rapists comment and how he's technically right that some of them are rapists, as if that had anything to do with the message he was trying to relay.

Anyway, I agree with you there is no conspiracy against him. I never said there was a conspiracy. I just don't get why it is so hard to say, "yeah, they dun screwed up."