1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No official championship doc for Raptors??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Sep 4, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

There's been literally zero information about a potential overview they do every single year, which actually releases early August and has been done for every single championship since some point in the 80s. Is the NBA seriously telling us that this amazing once in a million story will not get its own official championship video?

2. Nook

Nook Member

Who gives a ****?

“Let’s celebrate a team that traded for a player that demanded a trade and then signed with another team! Let’s watch the Raptors capitalize on injuries to Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Looney and the boys!”

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Petty take of a remarkable story. Go be a Warriors fan

Sajan and The Hunted like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure why anyone here would really care about this

Raptors are back to being your typical average, irrelevant EC team

No word about a video? Oh well, I doubt many Rockets fans will be dying to watch it anyways.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Because every championship team gets one, so it’s odd. This is the dish and as Rockets fan I can appreciate their run last year. It was fun to watch, I’ll tell you that.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

does the usa care much? doesn't look like it

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Don’t care...not sure why a non Raptor fan would really give it much thought. It’ll probably be made eventually I assume.

8. Nook

Nook Member

What is remarkable about lucking into playing against the Warriors when KD, Klay and Looney are all hurt or out?

I am no Warriors supporter but the series was decided the way it was because of serious injuries to the Warriors.

lilbird20 and BigShasta like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

But didnt the warriors beat injured teams as well to win their rings?

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Raptors championship* will forever have asterisk due to Warriors injuries. Just as we don't celebrate Mark Mcgwire and Sam Sosa, we don't need to celebrate tainted titles.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha asterisk talk is the most pathetic one ever by fans and former players. Nobody gives a damn about injuries. They are part of the game and Raptors run was awesome, a whole country behind them to dethrone the arrogant American team. How sweet it was!

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the NBA already were making a Championship Video for the Warriors throughout the Full Season and Playoffs.

Until the injuries happened to Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson.

Adam Silver and Scott Foster, Ken Mauer, Tony Brothers, Zach Zarba and other cronies are disappointed the Warriors didn't win the Championship.

The NBA Must have thrown the Warriors 2019 Championship Blu Ray DVDs in the trash, where the Warriors belong.

#12 rockets1995, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    TimDuncanDonaut and BigShasta like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL then GSW chips all have asterisks as well

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

So you're also the guy that doesn't celebrate the Rockets' titles because of the asterisk? C'mon dude, that's lame

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Videos are usually produced by a wholeseller out of Kentucky. Guessing they haven’t gotten enough demand from sellers to put one together yet.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe they dont have DVDs in canada yet. The VHS version is probably a hot item.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Beat a stacked 76ers team on a last second miracle shot by Kawhi. Beat the MVP and, statistically, the best team in the league in the Bucks. Beat a Warriors team that, yes, had injuries, but it's not like they weren't still good. And the Warriors also ran through the WC.

Not sure why everyone is so hung up on just the Finals series when Toronto overcame a lot of stuff before even getting there. You also have storylines like FVV showing out, Gasol becoming a champ, Nurse winning a title as a first year HC. And the fact that a Canadian team won the title.

Plenty of stuff to mine, in the video that OP wants. There's absolutely no reason to not want a Raptors video if it follows suit with the rest of the champions before them.

TimDuncanDonaut and BaselineFade like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Beating the Sixers doesn't really impress me honestly and the Bucks were exposed (like some predicted).

They beat a Warriors team that was decimated by injuries. I am just not that impressed.

lilbird20 and YOLO like this.
  19. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

What a shitty take. Not impressed.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Thank you! I didn’t even want to take time to write is since being a champion has always lead to an official documentary. Maybe this time it’s partially in hands of CSN or another Canadian media company and takes more time somehow. I’d be disappointed and frankly shocked if for some reason there won’t be one.