1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] TOOL - Fear Inoculum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Aug 7, 2019.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

About to plug in the speakers into my Bowers and Wilkins louder than bombs entertainment box and discover what everyone is talking about as I was able to download it on .flac. I have ingested 8 adult beverages and will consume when timing feels right in this music thesis.

Pretty stoked.

2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

This is reeeeeealy good. It would be unreal if a lot of the lyrics weren’t so cringey, but I am loving it.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wife and I enjoyed listening to it in our own little listening party last night. I am going to have to give it a bunch more listens before I have a total feel of the album. But, I would have like 1 or 2 MJK vocal stompers on here. There is a lot of mid tempo. The album is not as *urgent* as their last few. That said, there are a ton of layers here. So, need to give it some more spins. Glad people are enjoying it!

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve listened to it all the way through once so far...pretty disappointed. I found it reaalllllly easy to ignore. Just didn’t capture my attention and certainly didn’t have any catchy melodies. I’ll give it another spin but so far not too high on this one. Which is a shame because 10,000 Days is one of y favorite albums of all time.

cwebbster likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I felt similar after the first listen. I have given it a few more listens and it is growing on me now that I know what to expect with its direction. So, I would say definitely give it a few more spins to give it some room. There are a lot of things in there.

6. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I think musically this is as good as anything they’ve done. Pneuma, Descending and 7empest are outstanding. Maynard didn’t bring anything special with vocal performance, and the lyrics are pretty bad, so it can’t crack the top 3 Tool albums for me though. Earlier Tool lyrics were some of the best. Imaginative and darkly hilarious. Songs like H. and Parabola still give me chills at their peaks mostly because Maynard is killing it, but he strangely seems to be staying on the sidelines in the peak moments of this record. Oh well, the other three did great work on this this IMO.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

This album is all about the instrumentals, IMO. Most of us default to MJK being the main attraction to the band, but Adam and Danny absolutely slay this album. Adam's riff in the middle of 7empest is f***ing outstanding and Danny just kills it throughout the entire album.

If you are looking for a "catchy tune" on this album to get stuck in your head, good luck. This album is not about that life at all.

arkoe, Deuce and ryan_98 like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not your typical catchy choruses that is for sure. The album is more ambient. For me, I had to listen to it a couple of times to really get the feel of it. I like it much more than from my first listen.

I still have some gripes about the album, but once I got a feel for what they were trying to achieve I went with it.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This hits a little too close to home. Then vs. Now:

[​IMG]

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Anyone else get Tool tickets?

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

got in line at 9:50 and they sold out wtf

stubhub already loaded with them. people suck

ryan_98 likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tool tickets, wtf?!

13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

loved Tool growing up.. not loving this album though so oh well

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I love this guy's covers. Amazing tone, and does it with an epiphone at that

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The song that starts with a P is legit though.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Invincible, 7empest, culling voices are fantastic