1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs #4 Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Aug 29, 2019.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

His father was hiding his bitterness in "God's Plan.", his pop's tone seemed to give it away, but ultimately the words are right, and that is what he has to do. Just understand you were beat out and that you needed to improve. Revenge won't help you. Let it go. This is your chance, and you still have one, but you need to do better. Luckily for him his stats will be better in Oklahoma regardless. Houston made him look good. Nothing I saw wowed me, but he got the ball to the open man, and that was heads and shoulders better than what King did out there.

Also on the slightly bitter trail, Ken Griffey Jr sounds a little bitter about his Stolen Base count. He came on SC and it felt like he was defending his career numbers against choices the manager's made for him. But truthfully, he was probably the greatest player of the era and nobody will likely ever see it that way. So I kind of get it. He lived up to the hype, but it isn't remembered that way.

tinman likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Buck Turgidson

UT
    ISU
    Baylor
    TCU
    OSU

Yall do have it on Kansas, probably WVU, TT and K State, the new coach crew.

4. Nook

Nook Member

We will see... not sure several of those teams play OU any better.

FWIW I’m not a Cougar.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Barry Bonds was a better player than Ken Griffey. Alex Rodriguez was also better. Griffey never worked hard and it caught up to him.

lilbird20 likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I've always assumed you were a guy.

Nook likes this.