1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nene to re-sign

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Sep 3, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Prefer Scola over Ryno.

Ice Cream Man is a true Rocket and more importantly will not freeze up in playoffs.

Browny, Vivi, itzIce and 4 others like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah. The last year would have been over the age rule, meaning (I think) that the salary hit of the contract would be condensed to the years under the age rule, which would have taken us over the cap, and (as I recall) we wanted to sign Onuaku, too.

biff17 likes this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

scola might be more butt hurt than bobby brown, jr after he thought he was gonna get signed off that 2 way contract!

nene jersey retirement coming soon for publicity!

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I honestly thought his ego would take a backseat to commitment to professional survival/ TEAM / friendship (D)....NO...leopard/spots.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

danuel house is covering for a lot of people including nene and definitely Gerald green. At this point, House can be most improved or 6th man of year!

DaDakota likes this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

And the reason it was at 38... was to accommodate the union president. As in the NBA union president.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think you might be reading into "old face" way more than the reporter intended. he probably just meant it as generally "been on the team before." this isn't a docrocket cryptic post to decipher.

xaos likes this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Greg Oden has an old face. Must be him

Gray_Jay and D-rock like this.
  9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Certainly possible. I was sure he was going to get hired by the Rockets as an assistant, conveniently at a total salary that exceeded the value of the year he gave up.

Guess that assistant salary can be less now...

So, how many guaranteed guys do they have now, and how many more can they have, or will be cutting loose in the next few weeks? Look at spotrac, and there's a bunch of players listed for the Rockets, but not all are on guaranteed deals.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I believe that because Nene is resigning on a 1-year deal where he will have Bird Rights at the expiration of the contract, he has veto-power over any potential trades. If he had opted in to the 3rd year of the deal, then he could have been moved to any team without his input. Considering that the team has a huge lack of non-minimum tradable contracts, it's almost a certainty that he'd be dealt for an upgrade during the year. Codman's posting during the year certainly made it seem like Nene was bracing to be contract filler.

So I could easily see him working something out with Morey to get the team some LT space in exchange for knowing that he's not going to need to uproot and be away from his family during the late stages of his career unless he's going to a contender in a good situation.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Looks.like you dont know what a cancer on a team is lol.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Harden got a coach fired. Lbj coaches fired. That's not what makes u a cancer lol.

13. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

It's probably Chandsome

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden definitely got McHale fired. McHale is probably greatest of all time in 1980s.

Was hoping nene to "re-sign" as in resignation. Where Nene fit in for small ball system? Marginalized effort plays in second quarter relief?

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I can't believe there are still Melo apologists among the Rocket faithful...

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

for MDA to pull ryan Anderson out of his ashe in game 6 of 2018 when harden couldn't mustard up a three leaves me wondering was it "bigger than basketball"?

Granted ryan Anderson was making 19 million in 2018 but really MDA!? Ryan Anderson, game 6!? at that stage of the game. CMON #100

#196 smoothie_king, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

OMG really?!

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

this is the brightest post on the nene topic. now if you wanna talk 2015 clutch. brewer was clutch and had heart. #100

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh, I know, do you?

DD