1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

5.6%
  2. NO

94.4%
  1. Nero

Nero Member

Oh yeah it goes without saying - the Texans were shmucks for drafting the guy in the first place, and look even stupider now. No doubt about it.

Next time the Texans go 2-14 and end up with the #1 overall pick, they need to just trade the pick and move back, get some extra picks, and stop picking these losers at #1.

Don't get me wrong - I *want* the Texans to do well, to win, to bring an NFL Championship to Houston at last. I wanted the referees to correctly call Renfro's touchdown. I wanted earl to last longer, and lead Houston to the top. I wanted Moon not to blow a 35-3 lead. I wanted Bucky Richardson to be an H-Back and not a Q-back. I wanted Montana to stay in San Fran and never go to KC.

And on and on and on.

And now, I want the Texans to stop being the punch line of the NFL. I don't know if BoB is the whole problem, or if the entire house needs to be cleaned out, including McNair selling to someone who is willing to make the hard decisions. Freaking CLEVELAND is about to be good for years, finally.

Texans are going to go 7-9 or 6-10 and nothing is going to change. People are going to stop caring before much longer, and then we will BE Cleveland.

Nook and IBTL like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

1. Totally fine with giving away Pro Bowl players at positions of need for nothing
    2. Wants Texans to win

Makes sense.

Nook, BigM, IBTL and 4 others like this.
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

4. Fantasma Negro

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

It’s amazing that these people get paid the amount they get paid to make decisions like this. Just total ineptitude and incompetence at something that really shouldn’t be that hard. To give away a pro bowl player w all pro talent at the prime of his career in the manner and especially at time that BOB just did is inexcusable.

The entire sport is awash w unintelligent, “conventional thinking” neanderthals compared to the front offices of NBA and MLB. Nowhere is that more evident than here in Houston where we literally have two of the most forward thinking FO’s in all of sports.... and then we have the so ******* stupid they’re hilarious Houston Texans.

Good god.

6. Nero

Nero Member

I didn't say I was totally fine with it. I would rather they had drafted guys who were A) better and B) at least a little bit loyal to the city and the franchise.

Yeah they were above-average players.

But they are both major league d-bags and all I am saying is I will not miss them.

Had the team drafted better (ie not those two guys), then we're probably not having this conversation in the first place.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Learned today Texans are *also* paying $7 million to Seattle.

There's no doubt the thesis of everything is so personal for BChin against Clowney.

BChin *could* be right.. but no way I'd bet his favor.

Texans' staff develops players like Polaroid develops underwater.

BigShasta and IBTL like this.
  8. raining threes

This has nothing to do with Trump and we can talk about this elsewhere. But unfreezing the money that had been tied up since 1979 or 1980 so Iran could sponsor terrorism around the world was just plain stupid and I question the intelligence/motives of the person/persons that thought this was a good decision for the world in general and the USA in particular.

If you want to discuss this further then lead me to the proper forum, thread.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was good enough for Bush to unfreeze Iran's money. Why so different now?

https://apnews.com/775010cb2b6b8f3c4fa27807e6f7629f

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

One of the stupidest trade we have done, and it wasn't even done b/c Clowney was toxic or disloyal to the team. It was BoB being petty as fk, couldn't even extract value from the trade.
    pro bowler number 1 first round pick (a season we suffered for), given up for a CONDITIONAL 3rd round pick, rando players and to top it off we had to pay the Seahawks to take him from us, the flying fk!!!!!

Anybody that defends this trade or praise it is just an outright delusional homer. There's no correlation between this stupid trade and the one for the LT, two separate transactions......

11. raining threes

12. CometsWin

It was a lot more complicated than that.

Algiers Accords
    US/Iran Claims Tribunal
    Settlement

13. raining threes

There should be no Accord, where Iran gets the money back.

Why is it that Iran got the money back in cash on pallets and shipped in the middle of the night? This was like an international drug deal. Really shady stuff.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  14. CometsWin

It was like 30 years worth of legal wrangling in plain sight. It was hardly shady except that we have an entirely interconnected media apparatus dedicated to continual conspiracy theorizing.

Anyway, not going to derail this thread but would invite you over to D&D to discuss it as we have in the past. ;)

raining threes likes this.
  15. CrazyJoeDavola

Take that stupid **** out of here. No place for it here.

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is very true. NFL has some very bad GM's and bad coaches. It seems the NBA and MLB have finally cut out the dumb coaches and GM's for the most part. It still seems about half of the NFL has bad GM's/coaches. Some of them were good at some point (Gruden) but aren't very good now. There really are only a handful of smart coaches that can not only game plan well but also make excellent in game and half time adjustments. I can count them on one hand off the top of my head. Belichick, Pederson, Reid, Payton. Not totally sold on McVay yet as he is still learning how to make adjustments on the fly. I am sure there are more that are coordinators but if you watch Hard Knocks, All or Nothing the talent level of coaches isn't even as good as some High School coaches IMO. Most of them just cuss the whole time and never actually coach. For such a thinking man's sport, football lacks thinking men.

SWTsig likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Romeo Crennel on Jadeveon Clowney: 'The trade is the trade, no longer a part of the team. Someone else will have to step up and get the job done.'

Romeo Crennel on if he planned to not have Jadeveon Clowney this year: 'You come up with the plan. You can adapt the system. Because you don't know if you're going to have him. If not here, then you plug someone else in. He hasn't been here since the spring.'

Romeo Crennel: 'I don't change a system because of one player' when asked about not having Jadeveon Clowney. 'One player makes a difference, but it's a team game.'

Romeo Crennel said Aaron Colvin 'has a better attitude, he's more comfortable this year.'

Romeo Crennel said rookie corner Lonnie Johnson will be on the field and play some, but noted 'you know how I feel about rookies.' Wants to minimize any potential mistakes with a younger player.

TheFreak, UTSA2step and Chilly_Pete like this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize Iran was behaving before Trump, in his attempt to undo all things Obama, said he could get a better deal. We know how ALL HIS attempts at deals end up; In the shitter. Iran has a YOUNG population that wants to enter into the rest of the world. The hardliners were having trouble (and still are) keeping control. All those Western goodies (phones, MacBooks, etc...) are in HIGH demand....thru their black market. The nuclear deal was a way to ease Iran back into the rest of the world. However, Trumps and the Republicans want to grab their ankle for Israel because Israel wants the US to ATTACK Iran for past bad deeds. Trump is too stupid to think for himself and is EASILY influenced.

19. raining threes

If Iran getting Nukes is a prerequsite for reentering the world, I would pass.

They should reenter the world nuke free if they want to reenter the world.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What don't you understand? The nuclear deal prevented them from getting Nukes. Limits and Inspections were part of the deal.