1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team has a FUTURE and will have a CHIP on its shoulder.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

We will again benefit from the worst division in football and lose in the playoffs when we meet a far superior team. We are good enough to win games but nothing more. Mediocrity at its finest. This is what happens when you have no real gm.

And you state draft picks don’t matter, cap space does. I disagree. The best teams consistently build through the draft and develop their own players.

red5rocket, Nook and Major like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Kiss my ass, Brah.

Why don't u find another team, Brah.

Will make your life easier.

Astros are the Astros. The amount of b****ing I see on that board because of little things is laughable. 162 games and people will whine about a Closer blowing a save ("We need a new closer"), when that Reliever is top 5 in saves in the league. So you just b**** to b****.......because u are b****es...lol.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Worst division in Football? 3 of the teams last season: 11-5, 10-6, 9-7. Stop it with the AFC South is the worst division in Football. Makes you sound like the dumbass you are.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

He's pouring codeine in his kool aid

raining threes and Nook like this.
  5. vince

vince Member

Teams go through decades searching for a Franchise QB to hitch their hopes onto. Most of the times they attach their efforts to the wrong guy and need 3 to 5 season to eat humble pie and start another 2 to 3 year search again. It’s a horrible roller coaster ride.

I’m stumped as to why they bolted from a Clowney, it had to be personal. Could he have pissed of the McNair's if he said some thing bad about the passing of Bob McNair? I’m merely speculating because it makes no sense, and for as much as people want to make it seem, the Texans aren’t idiots.

If Clowney was seen as a distraction beyond a positive, well the Texans did what they had to do. Ridicule and all, it’s a price to pay in todays PC world.

What we know is the Texans have what we think is a Franchise QB in Watson, the Franchise 2nd best receiver of all time, a 3 time defensive MVP still playing in his prime... I get why you trade the resources in the upcoming seasons because, they have a Golden window that would be a travesty to waste....

I only care that they prioritize in protecting Watson. It’s the NFL and anything can happen, but they made a move that did address that concern. Hopefully the Defense is going to remain competitive and keep the score manageable for the offense to score enough for victory...

raining threes likes this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Desperate teams attract desperate fans.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

AFC east probably the worst. Minus NE I can’t see anyone else winning more than 7 games.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

But they have NE. South has no contenders and the top team probably wouldn’t win any other division in the league.

Nook likes this.
  9. raining threes

So the answer is no.

I'm willing to give BOB a break because he was forced to work with RS for four years. In two years Gaine/BOB have done as much as can be expected. Fixed OL/ST's which have been long standing issues. I think the issue with the offense was the OL and that's been fixed. It's the reason the offense looked so bad in the playoffs. If the offense looks bad this yr, especially in the playoffs I will be on board with you.

The Pats game in Foxboro 2 yrs ago and the Seattle game bother me, I'm not going to lie. Hopefully with an improved offense BOB will take more chances.

TheFreak likes this.
  10. raining threes

I get this and I like the Tunsil trade.

11. raining threes

I dont see these moves as panic moves, they wanted to get Tunsil all along and while I wish they would've kept Clowney and traded him next offseason, they did free up 12 mil to help re-sign Tunsil. BOB misplayed his hand with Clowney, if you wait until July 15th then you either get what you want for him or make him play under the tag. If he holds out then tag him again next year.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't understand how u can give BoB a pass for our oline steady getting weaker under his watchful eyes. Rick Smith isn't just drafting and signing rando players and expects BoB to developed them, he has input. BoB has a say on the roster and it is ultimately him that allowed our oline to get weaker. in my opinion BoB destoryed our oline and now was forced to trade our future in an attempt to fix his failure to develop any players (rankins, davenport and etc).

Also don't forget how iffy our cornerbacks are and in a pass heavy league, we might take a hit.

BoB is too conservative with his playbook, i don't know if he has the balls to make the big plays to score or keep the offense up with the other scoring heavy team. He seem to rely more on defense if leading or holding the lead. Or he tends to try to run out the clock with rushing plays, which might b harder to do since we lost our miller.

Our defense isn't getting any younger, we gave up Clowney for scraps and we have no draft capital.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'd be excited about all of this (well, not the Clowney deal) if we had a better play-caller. Still have absolutely no faith in OB to make good decisions in critical moments.

If we do somehow end up going to a Super Bowl it will be because Deshaun has played out of his mind and transcended poor coaching. Like Rodgers did with Mccarthy to some degree.

The Clowney deal just baffles me though. You make that trade and get next to nothing more than you would have next offseason with the comp pick, then turn around and go all in. If you're going all in, you keep Clowney for at least this year.

macho GRANDE and gucci888 like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

#1 you were the moron complaining about the Astros being doomed after the second series of the year. You were the idiot trolling the Astros chokers hours before they won the World Series.

#2 Whatever Cal is paying you, it isn’t enough.

King1, SC1211 and raining threes like this.
  15. raining threes

Really, you blame BOB for the state of the OL when RS was here.

Look at what he and Gaine have done since RS left. Drafted Howard/Scharping and traded for Tunsil. If you cant see the importance that has been placed on the OL positions this offseason compared to when RS was here, I dont know what to tell you. I also like that they didn't mess around with Rankin. They made a mistake and in the 3rd rd and moved on quickly. That's very unTexans like. Times are changing down on Kirby and I get that most people are uncomfortable with change. Particularly Aggies.

TheFreak likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

None of the AFC south teams are legit contenders. Colts were before luck retired.

Every other division has a good team with good odds according to Vegas

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

OPs post has to be one of the dumbest takes I have ever read in all my years on CF. High Draft picks don’t matter, cap space does. I keep rubbing my eyes, trying to understand how someone can think that. I’m stunned by stupidity.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB was involved during RS tenure. U honestly believed BoB was just sitting around allowing RS to draft, sign and create his roster he has to lead? I call bs. BoB also sucks in player development in general not just oline.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Since you don't have a sense of humor or understand sarcasm, I won't bother explaining the Astros.

20. raining threes

Nope, I think BOB's suggestions were taken and discarded.

Did you see the pic when Watson was drafted? It really tells you all you need to know about who made the final calls and how dysfunctional this org was.

Look at the OL drafted since Gaine/BOB and tell me if you think BOB was making the final call on OL drafted.