1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans waive D’Onta Foreman

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketlaunch, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Win

Win Contributing Member

I knew it wouldn't be good news when this thread found it's way to the top of the forum but torn tricep?

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is that twitter legit? Didn’t see that anywhere else

3. Buck Turgidson

It's hard to blame guys for getting serious injuries. What could they have done differently?

Was Bennie Joppru a terrible pick or player because he tore his groin in 2 and never played again? No, he was a hell of a TE in college.

Sometimes **** happens.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not about his injury or what they could have done differently. Those who were upset. The whole "I'm out." "I'm done." "SMH this organization..."

LOL ... They cut a backup RB coming off a torn achilles. They cut D'Onta Foreman. Not Lamar Miller. Not prime Arian Foster.

As @ima_drummer2k said, you can **** on this franchise for a lot of things. For cutting D'Onta Foreman ... :D No.

So much for that "revenge game" that was coming.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

The timing was what I had an issue with. Plus the fact they didn't draft a RB this past year knowing this was a possibility.

macho GRANDE and J.R. like this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn. Foreman is really Tony Hollings

raining threes likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

You didn't quote me or mention me by name, but you mentioned something I posted so I'll elaborate. Yeah I was pissed. I still am. My reaction wasn't just because they cut foreman. I don't care about Foreman as a player at all, I'm not a fan of his, and wasn't even a fan of his selection in the draft. My response was the culmination of years of frustratingly supporting this team and being rewarded with a swift kick to the nuts time and time again. I care that this organization has once again proven to be incompetent in the draft and year after year we come away empty handed on some of our highest selected picks. Imagine how good they would have been the past few years if they'd just hit on a few more of them. This is no way to build a championship level team. I'm sick of this mediocre front office and their inability to build through the draft. How many 3rd round picks have they blown? Foreman was just the latest in a long line of mistakes. Injuries aside, apparently his work ethic was questionable. Don't waste a pick on a guy with questionable work ethic. We've been through this before.

TLDR: This was never only about Foreman. He was just the latest mistake that made me question what the hell is going on over there on Kirby (blown draft picks, the GM fiasco, Clowney, left tackle, etc.)

I'm Frustrated.

8. Texanstradamus

the trade for Johnson is looking better

9. Buck Turgidson

I believe, yall tell me if I'm wrong, the problem was with cutting the 3/4th string RB before even trying to find a replacement. Then 5 days later they trade for another guy. I think they had it backwards.

Gotta GM better.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I would have preferred we traded for johnson at a lower cost first instead of showing our hand and weakening our negotiation ability via foreman cut

Invested a pick in foreman just to cut him is pretty bad investment in pick

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Forgot who it was, think it was McClain or John Harris reported that they had an agreement before training camp started. TIFWIW.

raining threes likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Foreman is a bust, can’t stay healthy. Combined with poor work ethic=cut.

Texans were right to cut him.

13. Buck Turgidson

If we hadn't cut him just yet, does the trade price come down some?

They knew we were desperate at that point.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I would be very surprised if this is how it works. Teams are not ignorant to player values and you're forgetting the Browns very obviously *wanted* to trade Duke Johnson, which lessens whatever leverage they might've had. Short of a potential bidding war between two teams that both want the same thing, I doubt the Foreman news materially affected Johnson's value significantly. If Cleveland asks for too much, Houston walks away, goes somewhere else and the Browns are left with an asset they don't want. Both teams were invested in making a deal.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Agreement was tentatively agreed to before camp. Texans were not sure if they were going to pull the trigger.

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Bump

19. Fantasma Negro

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's really tragic :(