1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon signs 4 year extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's a silly take. Because you're an insider does not automatically mean you have access to ALL that goes on within the NBA or a particular organization. You may, for example, specifically know one particular player. For example, there is one here who seems to have a relationship with Nene. Nene is going to be able to share what is widely known but why would he have any idea what is going on between Eric Gordon's agent and Rockets brass in the middle of the off-season unless he and Eric speak constantly. I'd assume many players don't talk much in the off season.

You can have inside info without having ALL of the inside info.

2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Guess this means Gordon is the starting 3?

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Definitely means he will play starter minutes (as he always has). Don't know why it would automatically mean he'll be a starter.

D-rock, Patience and Dacamel like this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The anti-CyberX obsession is something else. Good for EG.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, we had three options. Extend him, trade him, or let him walk after next season. Letting him walk was not an option if we think this team can contend. I thought they may wait to see if the Harden and Russ experiment works before giving out extensions, but maybe they feel very confident that it will work. I like what we did. Now, let's see what they do with Tucker.

RyanB, Patience and Dacamel like this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Take Capela off the list. Dude showed zero nuts in the playoffs.

randerson likes this.
  7. Victorious

Victorious Member

But but i thought tillman was cheap

ROXTXIA and Madmanmetz like this.
  8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

19m is a lot of money to pay a non starter. He could still go back to coming off of the bench but I doubt it. I’d rather the Rockets start House (if he is ready) bc he is able to slide to the 4 and rebound more effectively than Gordon. Don’t get me wrong, Gordon is a hell of a player and deserves the money. I just like the fit with House better.

fattz likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Glad to see Tilman found some spare pennies in his cushions.
    But really, good job.

I knew Eric would be staying when jopatholic said he would be traded.

10. Garner

Garner Member

In the era of short term deals, Having a player of Gordon’s caliber locked down for 3 years is very tradeable

Dacamel likes this.
  11. Garner

Garner Member

Hope this motivates Gordon long term. He plays like tradebait.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Unsubscribed

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s fine to not like my take. Your point doesn’t really register to me also because I don’t believe nene’s “friend” is an insider. He went from having a meal with Nene to one day referring himself as the “maverick carter” of locker rooms.

And I believe Cyber has also gotten carried away and just knowingly BSing. To be clear, his latest thread claims Iggy has narrowed it down to two teams. He’s claiming knowledge from Iggys camp. And his disclaimer wasn’t “that’s what the rockets believe”, it was “doubters come at me”.

Anyway, I’m done with that now. Just wanted to clarify. I think it should be fine that they keep posting and I keep doubting. And I know the argument will be why keep bringing it up but it’s not like the believers don’t bring it up also like “well cyber said this so...”

jsilencio and BamBam like this.
  14. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

EG and PJ are so crucial to he Rockets winning it all, they are selfless pros. EG will find a way to get points when the team needs it. He'll drive to bucket and get a good shot off, if he is hot from the arc he lets it fly. His will to win in the playoffs, like Tucker, is so evident by the way he plays defense in the playoffs.

This is great news for all Rockets fans. Those of us that have know TF isn't cheap and really wants a championship team are the happiest.

RyanB likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great job by the Rockets. 4 yrs@76 ..."Such a bargain" ....

His game and salary will age well.

And, I'm assuming it WILL BE 4 yrs.

AroundTheWorld and Landsdale like this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Tilman is still cheap.

He also won’t pay luxury tax next season.

Little Bit likes this.
  17. UTSA2step

UTSA2step Member

If 31 is the wrong side of 30, is there a right side of 30?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well deserved

19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

No I actually like this a LOT!

There’s, like non, to hate about this, you love to see it

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This move only happened because Tilman has no other option. We're sal. capped so we have 0 flexibility to sign any good role players before Harden and Westbrook's contracts are up. So basically that means we have to keep extending all our key role players like EG and soon to be PJ or we'll end up with a worse team year every year once their contracts are up. Tilman is still cheap. If he really wanted to go all-in, the Shumpert S&T would be done before training camp started.

Instead we're left with at least another year of PJ playing the 4 and EG will probably start at the 3. We desperately need length on this team right now, especially with a team like Clippers getting Kawhi and PG.

I really wish we didn't burn all bridges with Faried, we could use him as a backup center. Instead we got 40 yo Tyson Chandler expecting to play big minutes if Capela goes down to injury.

I still fully Tilman to blow up the team next year (to duck luxury tax) if this team doesn't at least make the NBA finals this year.

Gray_Jay likes this.