1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon signs 4 year extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah his real height is 6'5, they are just saying he is 6'3 because he was 6'2 predraft but he was 19 then, WB was 5'8 before his growth spurt not surprising he will grow a couple more inches. It's like KD who is 7'1 saying he is 6'9 or Klay Thompson who is 6'5 pretending he is 6'7 or even Tmac being labeled 6'8 when he is 6'11.

Click this link it has a pic of him being taller than Dwyane Wade when they are standing side by side:
    https://niketalk.com/threads/russel...1-t-mac-6-8-6-11-nba-disputed-heights.517112/

Here he is embracing Harden and funnily enough they are almost head2head:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ww...-has-been-better-during-head-to-head-matchups

If he isn't 6'5 he is very close like 6'4 and half or something.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm sure someone mentioned it, but he must be happy now, haha

3. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

How does this plays out for Austin Rivers? The Rockets will have his early bird rights in 2020, yet guard happens to be such a position of strength for the Rockets. Do the Rockets allocate their offseason resources to fill other roster needs or do they feel they owe Rivers for taking such a discount this offseason?

Corrosion, jboslett and RichieBanks like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I dislike Gordon at the 3 spot (Harden interchange there) and this means he will be getting a lot of play this season with the starters. Defense is not as good as people would like to believe. Rockets hope to
    outscore everyone....Good for regular season but not good strategy for playoffs.

When is the soonest we can trade him?

fattz likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

That's a very solid deal, 3 years basically for a guy who could've been paid much more elsewhere. He's underrated on here and around the league. I'd say he's top 10, maybe even top 5 SG in the league given his ability to get to the basket, shoot the 3 and defend at a high level. Awesome! The only negative could be that PJ doesn't get an extension and given his salary and years left views this as some kind of disrespect or undervaluing him, thus pursuing a trade at some point.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shut up and listen to those coints.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Westbrook Experiment works out or or or, right it works out or there is no or.

Glad the EGo deal is done, yet - - there goes the last good tradable asset and there goes a backcourt into graybeard status?

THIS is the year to Parade. Gotta be this season.

8. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Are you hoping for a chance to drop some more draft picks?

Zoplicone likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Title confirmed.
    Big 4 is
    Harden
    Westbrook
    Capela
    Gordon

Perhaps I dont follow other teams well enough but some of these players getting big contracts in nba had me worried about gordon. Guys ive never heard of..Gordon deserves to be paid and tad of this is for services rendered. That said he is good for at least 2 years and with "go for it" mindset gordon is yuge.

The best pure shooter perhaps on the team.elite level.

The amount of pick and roll ..pick and pop stuff they can do with westbrook harden and gordon is nasty. I cant wait.

Gordon is a very capable defender and the other reason you do this deal.
    He is a 2 way player. I was worried about this guy and situation. Go fern t***!

We may still trade the guy and i think.we get back a damn good player if we do. Gordon is a boss. Good for him and rockets

Go rockets !!

AroundTheWorld and deb4rockets like this.
  10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Good
    Harden, EG and Westbrook (all locked up long-term) in the starting lineup will be murder!

11. fattz

fattz Member

IDK
    but I think that is what this is about. We are more than satisfied in the back court without Gordon. We need his cap space used to balance out the roster and we were able to push the cap with this signing. I am happy he gets paid in the process, too. Thank you for your service Mr. Gordon.

Hopefully high trade value

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

well said....i thought he'd easily get 3 years, 70 million. This is a great deal. He's no secret around the league. even the warriors call EG "Phenomenal"....if we didn't sign him, the spurs, mavs or utah could have swooped in. He wanted his security he got it. We wanted a discount, we got it. He's just as important to this team brodie and harden when he's on. Not many in this league are a consistent threat from way down town like him. He fits this offense to a T. I'm a happy camper.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Durant said he was recorded at 6'10.75“ without shoes back in 2016 (he hasn't grown since then obviously). With shoes he can get up to 7'0, but not 7'1 unless he's wearing some really tall shoes.

Also some (not all) of these discrepancies do come from some people being talked about in shoes vs without shoes when height is mentioned.

Westbrook has always seemed to be more like 6'5 in shoes. He would probably measure at like 6'3.5 or 6'3.75 without shoes, so yea, he's very likely more like 6'5 at NBA listed with shoes height.

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

But I thought he was a cheap b*stard who didn't want to win?

Madmanmetz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon grew on me these last couple years. I used to get so sick of watching his streaky shooting and scowling face. I got to a point that I had no trust in him at all Then, poof..

I started seeing him in a different light. I gained an understanding for his disgust over lack of calls, which the stars next to him got handed on a silver platter with white gloves. I felt a little empathy for him when others, who made twice as much money sat licking their wounds all the time, or came in throwing so many bricks they could have built a house big enough to sleep an army.

I grew to love watching him catch fire from behind the arc, which he did over and over the 2 months leading up to the playoffs last year. I now feel like with Eric we stand a chance, and without him we better worry. He is key player in what makes our 3 PT shooting frenzy work well. He earned this. He will now be a long time Rocket, and that makes me happy!

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So you're complaining because he added a clause for a 4th year yet people are/were complaining about the length of Westbrook's and CP3's contract. He could have stayed at 3 years yet he controls his own destiny for a 4th year.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets put too much money on guards.

Houston Guards will win a championship for the city?

18. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

T-Mac 6’11? Hell naw.

Richie_Rich and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yao Ming 9’1.

Madmanmetz and True Rocket like this.
  20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That's a lot of money to commit to a guy with his age and injury history, but when you're an over-the-cap team you can't just go out and get an Eric Gordon on the open market. Committing money to keep him long-term absolutely makes sense.