1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oakland A's player slams Warriors: They treated us like sh*t

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheresTheDagger, Aug 29, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019...ILdOaZoDR2LD-XbT4FzftR0cYlq21sL0qvXFJmDyE8foE

2. PeppermintCandy

So, he's complaining because he was expecting comp tickets and didn't get them, and wanted favorable treatment but had to park like ordinary folks.

Boo f'in hoo.

3. DanO 337

DanO 337 Member

Not really brahhh... a tic for a tac. Just a lil recognition is all.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Doesn't surprise, more information is coming out about the Warriors and fans' behaviour and it all shows the same: that they think the world of themselves, act in an arrogant manner and do not pay much respect to others. The words of Klay and owner is just the cream of the crop. It's probably something in that silicone down in the valley ;)

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol , arrogance goes down their whole organization. Doesn’t surprise me. Glad they got humbled.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i find that hard to believe. curry is too pretty to be mean

BigM, pippendagimp, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think it's more than that. Athletes of other sports bond and stick up for each other. Look at Watt and CP3 for instance. Does it surprise anyone that the organization from head to toe is drenched in arrogance? It's more than tickets, it's understanding that these guys represent the city, so there should be a little bit of a brotherhood to it too.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm coo with them treating the baseball peeps as 2nd rate citizens.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well the thing is apparently they did give GSW free tickets and parking before. If GSW wanted to cut ties they shouldnt have accepted free MLB tickets when they sucked ass.

Also he wasnt being treated like an ordinary folk according to him GSW said he was less than an ordinary folk thats like a slap to the face of whats supposed to be your bro org.

11. Fantasma Negro

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I can't imagine poodles getting nasty, esp the ones where their b**** owners carry them in public.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The arrogance and hubris of the Warriors is nauseating. Hope that team falls apart.

D-rock, smp, RustyHarden and 6 others like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

They share parking facilities. The parking plebe wouldn't let the A's players out of their part of the lot after one of their games until the Warriors fans had cleared out. That's bush league.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

boohoo! they didn't give him preferential treatment! poor guy! It must be a hard life.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hope they kill each other.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, he's not a player, doesn't get the game.

Take the comps with gratitude when they come, pay for the best otherwise. Having a good attitude about it will get you more comps down the road.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Would be great if someone posted the full Athletic article. I find subsequent, coattailing articles about the original, as posted in the OP, leave out a lot.

I hate articles about articles.

Mazulis and Jontro like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it isn't fair gif.gif

Sajan and Handles like this.
  20. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'd agree with you if this was solely about tickets and parking spots, and would feel that the A's (or just Hendriks himself) are just being petty and that they need to get over themselves. (Even though the Warriors have definitely been arrogant as hell over the past 5-10 years.)

BUT...I suspect there's more to the story here that Complex is leaving out. The full article from The Athletic might shed more light on what's going on.

The Warriors don't have to do jack sh*t for the A's or any other Bay Area team if they don't want to. That said, there tends to be a natural camaraderie among players, coaches and staff of the various pro sports teams in a metro area, as well as the nearby college sports teams. They just tend to "get" each other in a way that fans, armchair analysts and social media folks don't. That often leads to little perks that the teams do for each other. See Harden behind the plate at some Astros games, or JJ Watt and Kealia Ohai sitting courtside at the occasional Rockets game. There's likely plenty of lower-profile instances too that don't get mentioned on TV. It's also good marketing for all parties involved.

roslolian, Buck Turgidson and Ramo$e like this.