1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamstrings severely tight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

regarding the groin issue, i get that too. thing that helps me is basically cracking your knuckles, except your knuckles are located in the "undercarriage" so to speak. get the foam roller and squeeze it in between your knees. it feels weird to do but it also helps me out a lot, i do it every day. keeps my pelvis on it's line, otherwise i would unconsciously lean one way or the other and stretch those muscles too hard running games.

and yeah, getting older is hell. maintenance is really the answer for the thread. find some kind of physical therapy for yourselves my dudes, apparently we're just going to keep getting older...

2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Do you lay down on your back to do this?

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It definitely helps to do it like this, particularly because it encourages you to keep stretching your legs out but a lot of the time just on the daily, I feel the tightness I just sit down somewhere and hit it right quick. I use my fists in between my legs for this but foam roller when I can.

It’s a little unsettling at first, it’s definitely a weird feeling but once you get it right... the relief for me is instantaneous. I went to physical therapy for all this, not that I’m to give anyone medical advice but it’s a pretty simple maneuver and it helped me so damned much it’s increidble... It’s kinda like chiropractic, once you figure out what they’re doing you can usually do it yourself.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Palates.... reformer.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I had tight hamstrings. I just worked on them in Yoga and by doing foam and lacross ball rolling. Do you have an anterior pelvic tilt?

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are all old.