1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B O'B has to be the Dumbest Football Coach.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Sep 9, 2018.

1. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

It’s a shot at O’Brien’s competence (or lack of it) as a head coach.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes he was very accurate. Only a few throws were off.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BO'B lit af right now fam
    [​IMG]

craigharmann and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Keeping all these threads at the top. Let's move on from this man.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

Texans on the goal line

[​IMG]

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Buck Turgidson

I'd need to hear that in context, but it doesn't sound all that off....

Nook likes this.
  9. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Damn he needs to watch the saints film and get some of these plays. Bree’s isn’t holding the ball long and they get down the field

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Saints do a ton of screens and Brees does a lot of check downs.

The game against the Cowboys was the first time I’ve notice Deshaun use the check down more than once. Alfred Blue had 6 catches on check downs. Two on sceeens. If we could get Lamar Miller or even Tyler Ervin on those, it would open the offense up even more.

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SCORE 34-0, IT COULD'VE BEEN A 100-0!! But I said it almost a year ago and it still rings true today....Bill O'Brien has got to be the dumbest Football Coach I have ever seen!!! Why would you gamble with the health of your starting QB and RB?? WHY WOULD YOU START DAVENPORT, ALONG WITH KELEMENTE'S FIRST START AND N.MARTIN'S FIRST GAME BACK FROM INJURY …... Since Howard was out, at least start Johnson at LT and have some security on that side of the ball.

He always seem to over think the obvious! When you think you are SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE....YOU'RE REALLY NOT!

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't think he is dumb, I think he is unbelievably stubborn. He is the classic hard head, doubt he listens to advice. Also, winning makes all coaches smarter. Blow outs make them really stupid.

raining threes likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I agree, but there was NO plausible explanation as to why he started Davenport over Johnson at LT. Just 24 hours prior, he said he wanted to see if Johnson could repeat his performance from the week before!! I honestly think he doesn't have a ****ing clue why he does what he does. He just pulls at different strings, sees the results, then goes back and justifies his moronic decisions in hindsight. I could make a comparison to a certain sitting President right now, but I don't want this getting taken to the D&D.

14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

also he said matt kahlil would be the started on day 1, but then he stated that the reason he started Devenport was to give him some reps, because theirs competition there?

15. raining threes

I dont get not starting RJ.

I'm loving the low unemployment right now and the 11 wins.

Morons dont win 11 games in the NFL.

16. Buck Turgidson

If he had a:

Team President
    GM
    Head Coach
    and he was the OC....I could see him being successful

Silent_Bob and The Real Shady like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The more I listen to Bill speak the more he sounds like a broken record. He says the same hype year after year and reminds me so much of Osweiller. Talks a great game and makes you think he knows what he is talking about. Then, you watch a game and shake your head wondering what he is thinking, and how he made it this far.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I've always thought of BOB as an actor who knows how to play a coach on TV but little else. I think all of his culture building BS is a way to cover for his lack of Xs & Os. It's so much easier to get players to work hard than come up with a game plan.

Mr. Clutch and Silent_Bob like this.
  19. ballgame

ballgame Member

I just listened to Bill O'Brien's Press Conference and there are SEVERAL things that just has me totally puzzled about what this man is telling his team and most importantly how he's coaching them. The first, he said the Halftime lead of 31-3, was to big to comeback from!! Are you kidding me? I remember 35-3, Buffalo vs Oilers and other games, as well AND they didn't even have the 2-pt conversion back then.

Which brings me to my 2nd point....WHY IN THE HELL did he not opt to go for the 2-pt conversion after each TD, if nothing else, give your team the perception you know they can comeback. I SERIOUSLY THINK HE QUIT. And if anyone looks back at the tape, Hopkins put up his fingers signaling to go for 2-pts.

But the last thing is what really gets me. He said, I THINK THE COACHES ARE CONSISTENT. How does that make the players feel? He's the Head coach, he's making the calls, he leads the practices, hold the meetings.....HE DETERMINES WHAT IS PUT ON THE FIELD. A team this talented, should not play that poorly against a Baltimore team that they should be fired up for and to play against a Denver team that is 4-8, that has you down at the half by 28 points and IF YOU'RE TELLING THE PUBLIC THE LEAD WAS TOO BIG TO COMEBACK FROM....WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT YOU TOLD YOUR TEAM AT THE HALF!!!

Mr. Clutch, RayRay10 and juanm34 like this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Landry Locker, who referred to this game as “a warmup” for the Titans game when Stoerner keep warning him there is no such thing in the NFL. Locker looks like an ass after that mess on Sunday.