1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lamar Miller tears ACL/MCL

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 24, 2019.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I never thought they used Miller properly. Running him up the middle was ridiculous.

#81 solid, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. magichat281

magichat281 Member

messed up its his contract career. His career could be bye bye.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The rams moved to a different city, basically changed their entire organization and got to the superbowl in like what 2 years?

We have BoB defenders/Texans fanatics blindly defending this sht franchise. It doesnt take 20 fking year to have playoff success, browns are hot sht but they are actively trying to improve. The texans are literally dicking around and saying put, satisfied with just making playoffs.
    We refuse to rebuild/tank, we cant build a legit superbowl team, we go into playoffs just to get sht on. It just frustrating to see the prime players career being wasted on this franchise.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. raining threes

Just who in the hell do you think you are trying to tell me to do anything, much less my football watching habits.

Tell you what, you worry about things in your life and I will worry about things in mine and if you dont like it then all I can say is toughen up buttercup.

Nook likes this.
  5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

of course not- because it would be to smart to schedule some workout with rb's..

regardless they need to get 1 or 2 OT (and soon) a LT and any other serviceable tackle
    They need a RB.
    they also need another WR that can stay healthy, because i doubt this group will stay healthy (besides Hopkins)

Nook and raining threes like this.
  6. raining threes

While the McNair's are making billions.

Nook likes this.
  7. raining threes

They know how to run a team, they just choose to maximize profits over putting a contender on the field. I laugh at the they dont know how to run a team theory. They've owned the team for 17 years, how long do you think it will take them to learn how to run a team? BTW, billionaires are rarely so stupid that it takes them 17 years to learn how to do anything.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

LOL at the Texans shills on 610 talking about missing Miller's pass blocking. I mean whut? Did we not just last year lead the league in sacks allowed? I know that's not all Lamar's fault, but how great at blocking can he really be? He's just about average at everything with zero upside. The fact that we're scrambling to replace him is less about him and more about how this craptastic organization has no depth because we keep missing on mid-round picks.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He was game changing explosive with Miami breaking outside then the Texans just ground him up the middle 90% of the time.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Call me crazy but wouldn't winning a Super Bowl add even more value to the franchise?

Hey Now! likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If the Texans trade a 3rd for Duke Johnson, then proceed to use even more assets to acquire another RB, they are truly dumb.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This is such utter bullshit. All of it. Before 2017, the Rams had not posted a winning record since 2003. That's 13 consecutive years, including 7 seasons of losing 10+ games. Gee... I wonder what they were doing piling up all those losses? Oh, yeah - hanging out at the top of every draft for 13 straight years.That's when their current GM (who's been there since 2012) drafted Goff, Gurley, Saffold, Donald, Joyner.... They moved, changed head coaches and dumped money into their WRs and secondary - but they did not basically change their entire organization.

Right; it takes about 13...

The Browns, who were 0-16 two years ago, are suddenly the model franchise while the Texans (who beat Cleveland last year; one of 11 wins) is this "****" franchise. Seriously, there is a large segment of Texan fans that are straight-up delusional.

You know which team would be satisfied making the playoffs? The Browns. They haven't been to the postseason since literally the first year of the Texans.

So... making the postseason is wasting the prime players careers - but rebuild/tank is..... somehow not?............. Are you suggesting they trade Watson, Hopkins, Watt, etc?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

There will be a lot of good backs released at the end of camps so i think we'll end up renforcing the running back position.

14. Hey Now!

Nope! The Astros have seen NO financial changes since winning a championship. None whatsoever.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you're being sarcastic, right?

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Pretty sure he's being facetious. For those wondering, the Astros were worth $1.4 billion in 2017. This year, they're worth $1.8 billion. That's an increase of 24%.

If the Texans' value were to rise by that percentage, they'd be worth an additional $672 million. Not exactly chump change.

Hey Now! likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

Why would they sign an often injured running back that hasn't been on the field in almost a year right now when they can wait til Sunday and have their pick of cut players coming out of training camps?

18. SuraGotMadHops

Look at all those needs....the very same needs we needed BEFORE the draft. Still needed after the draft, and after the preseason. Smdh.

19. Hey Now!

Yes.

I despise the "greedy" owner take (it's right up there with "doesn't care/no heart" takes about athletes, which we saw in abundance this weekend...); it's lazy and doesn't even make sense. If your premise begins with someone being greedy, then you have to be intellectually honest about the conclusions you draw. Absence any tangible evidence of being monstrously cheap, any and every owner absolutely, positively fundamentally understands that the best way to fatten their wallet is via winning. And the more winning you do, the fatter your wallet grows.

That in no way absolves the owners when it comes to their decision-making. The McNairs have made plenty of mistakes. Being cheap... I just see no evidence of that. Smart? Eh.... But dumb does not = cheap.

MadMax likes this.
  20. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

sounds like Matt Kahlil