1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lamar Miller tears ACL/MCL

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 24, 2019.

1. raining threes

Fans in this town have seen plenty of crap orgs over the yrs. They know the Texans are a crap org.

Nook likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. conquistador#11

worth the signing and the best signing out of Brock and that LG from Chiefs that played RG here.
    I thought Miller always got a bad rap from the fans. His game was not in between the tackles.
    Duke wanted to get carries, welcome to Houston. Here is a 3rd and 1 dive with the defense in goal line formation, good luck.

J.R. likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oilers were a crap organization under Bud. Astros under John McMullin were crap. Texans are nowhere near that level or ****. Just because u don’t win a super bowl or get to an AFC championship, doesn’t mean u are a crap organization. Under achieving? Maybe. Texans are only 17 years old.

Uprising likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. You can’t just expect to expand a trade just u want to. OKC had to cooperate and you don’t know that Minny wanted to trade Covington. Or what they wanted for him. MLE on who? Spending money just to spend money is just DUMB.

Um giving Memphis a #1 for broke down Iggy is asinine....Knights contract doesn’t nothing for that. Anderson was DONE. As he showed getting him off the books was genius.

6. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Lol. The Oilers made it to the AFC Championship Game just 8 years after they joined the NFL. More to the point, they were respected and feared by opponents and in many seasons were legimitately in the mix in the Super Bowl conversation. I was sad to see them leave and appreciate the McNairs’ efforts in bringing a team back to Houston, but like many I have been very disappointed in how they have managed the franchise. They deserve better and somehow I hope they figure out the right mix, starting with a GM, Head Coach, and scouting department who know how to get the job done.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  7. raining threes

McMullen's Stros played meaningful games, so did Adams Oilers.

McNair's Texans? LMAO

So now we are going to use the well they've only been around for 17 yrs. Tell me how many yrs do they have to suck as an org before you will admit they suck?

Meanwhile, the McNair's have made almost 3 billion dollars off of apologists like you.

Nook and macho GRANDE like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

U are actually defending those 2 owners? How old are u? LOL. In spite of themselves comes to mind.

How about this: stop putting yourself thru this. Owners are not changing. So, find yourself another team. It they are so bad, stop following the Texans. Cowboys and Saints are close...would welcome your fandom.

Put yourself out of your misery.

mario_v likes this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Of course OKC was willing they were trying to dump salary and get under the cap. We should have just taken back Patterson who they had to outright cut a few days later and he signed with Clippers.. I don’t think Patterson is a good player we just need salary fillers to make bigger and better moves later..

I was only using Iggy as an example. I don’t think he’s worth a first, but I mean they gave up one for Shumpert and Iggy is way better than Shumpert... I do think Crowder is worth a first though.

If we had Ariza, Knight, plus Patterson we could absorb a super star Max salary. But right now we can’t do anything unless we resign shumpert which we probably won’t do anyways cuz it would put us in the tax. For example: we coulda traded all those guys in addition to any of our remaining 3 firsts for Kevin Love or Serge Ibaka or something. But as it stands we don’t have nearly enough salary to match any trade without making us worse by giving up Gordon or Capela.

Spending Money just to spend money is only dumb if you under the cap. If you are over the cap it doesn’t even matter. You need the extra money to make moves and we can’t because our owner is cheap as hell. Don’t know how you don’t see that. Every move hes made has been about money.

Heck look at how they negotiated with Dantoni...

Stop looking at the players and learn more about the cap. I would rather have any scrub player right now on an expiring contract than have no one. That’s is all I’m saying. By the trade deadline some team will be selling and we could jump, but right now we can’t do anything and we are just wasting Hardens prime.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  10. raining threes

Thx for the unsolicited advice. I will be rooting for who I want to root for. I'm hardly miserable. I look at the Texans org as a joke that will remain that way until Janice dies and Cal's siblings want their money so he will have to sell. I can wait them out. I've learned over the years to laugh at their inept cheapass franchise. They could've drafted Dillard or traded for Williams but nope Watson is going to get hurt again this year and you will come up with some other apology for how terrible this franchise is, has been run.

An apologist for a family that has made 3 billion dollars off of this fan base. It must kill you that crappy people like McMullen, Adams have been far more successful than the McNair's. Sorry to bring up truth's that dont fit your agenda.

BTW, I would rather not have football in Houston if that means bad football that was out in the open for all to see last night.

11. Major

Major Member

LOL. Even if you give them expansion-team-mulligans for the first 7 years, 9 out of 16 AFC teams have made the AFC Championship over the last 10 years. The 7 that haven't:

Texans
    Browns
    Raiders
    Bills
    Bengals
    Dolphins
    Chargers

Chargers made it if you go back 12 years. Browns, Raiders, Bills, and Dolphins have been the laughingstocks of the NFL. Bengals have been the playoff-making-but-always-lose laughingstock of the NFL.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  12. raining threes

Quoted for truth

Nook likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The “In Spite of...”. Bud Adams fired the best coach after a playoff loss...which lead to 7 years of awfulness. What saved Bud is he had a couple of good football men in the organization. However, the Oilers were dysfunctional for much of the 80s and 90s. U can win some football games being dysfunctional, if there are some good football people in the organization.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

U can ignore the team here...just like after the Oilers left. Root for the Titans.....

Y’all look at stats, unless you lived thru it.....u don’t know how bad it was with Oilers under Bud Adams.

#75 Mr.Scarface, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

#77 J.R., Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  18. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman is cheap, the McNairs don’t know how to run a team. Pretty simple on both counts.

Nook likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#FireBillObrien

BigShasta and Silent_Bob like this.
  20. raining threes

I was an Oiler fan from 1970 until they left, then I became a Texans fan. Adams, McNair weren't really different other than McNair was more of a philanthropist. Both of them could've cared less about winning as long as the money kept rolling in.

DaDakota and Nook like this.