1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MVP] Harden Says Media Narrative Determines MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Aug 22, 2019.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I rarely listen to Elhassan but since Harper is a guest on some podcasts I listen to, I can tell you that this guy doesn't hate the Rockets so much as he just scoffs at anyone with different views.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Oh, he is one of THOSE guys.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

whining for 2 hours about a team "whining" is amazing talent.

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. likestohypeguy

He could have won it every year he's been in the NBA and still make the argument... for some reason it surprises me that actual paid analysts & talking media heads are also making this logical fallacy, not just internet posters:

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol u living in fantasy world brother. Heart dont over come the other team having overwhelming talent. Again name a player in this decade not name lbj curry Durant khawi that could of over came gardena odds...I'll wait

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Curry and KD would both be ringless if they had been working with the level of talent that Harden’s been working with all these years

Harden with an an aging 17-18 CP3 and role players was good for 65 wins and a championship if not for injury...now give him a Big 3 like Bron and Curry have had and we’re talking about a dynasty in Houston...that’s facts

Curry, KD, Klay, and Draymond was this close to losing to Harden and 33 yo CP3...never forget

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Unfortunately, it isn't just them on that station. Reggie Theus is the oddest - he'll compliment Harden and chuckle and ridicule his "travel triple backstep" in the same breath. Eddie Johnson and Justin Termine can't stand analytics though Justin tries to use stats every 5 minutes to justify anything, but he hasn't quite gotten the hang of the difference between spewing numbers and actually using stats/data to analyze. Johnson's just living in the past. He tries to play it off as "I want what's best for the NBA", but the guy just sounds set in "the old ways are the best ways". No matter what he wants to disagree with, it always ends up as analytics being the cause of what's wrong. Harper actually isn't that bad. He'll give the Rockets props, and comes off as more impartial than anything else.

The most positive people I hear about Harden and the Rockets is probably Rick Mahorn who kind of walks the line and Ryan Hollins who is usually just a guest, but he acts like Harden is his son the way he defends him.

If you don't like people cracking on Harden or the Rockets for stuff like this, you probably shouldn't listen. :D I actually find the channel pretty entertaining except during the off-season when everything is on repeat.

Deuce likes this.
  8. AB423

AB423 Member

Michael Jeremy Lin

9. jowman

jowman Member

Yes they should die and I hope they burn in Hell!

10. jowman

jowman Member

Max and stephen a sucked some perverted execs dick real good to get where they are

Sure ain’t talent and brains that got them there

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's funny. If you hold the rest of the league to the Harden VS Warriors standard.

There's the golden state warriors, then 29 other teams full of idiots who should play in the G League.

You should really stop listening to that main stream media bro.

By the time you realise what they're selling ain't reality, it'll be too late to change the perception that you're an idiot.

vlaurelio and mike2k132 like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't even think you need to mention those players.

NONE of them could dethrone a team of just Harden, Klay and Draymond.

All Harden needed was an ageing sidekick to put the fear of god into the Warriors and their puppet Silver.

That tells you everything.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NY Daily News writer.

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Then if u really look if you take kd away from curry n have the Cavs not have kyrie n klove hurt, curry wouldnt even have a ring lol

Red Dagger likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden being a CF member confirmed!

#mediaconspiracy

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Where is the Harden one-legged three pointer thread?

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden just speaks his mind and the media latches on. It’s great having the MVP on our team

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

This is just more classic media making stories out of anything Harden says or does.

19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Said the obvious. But still does not take away the fact that Giannis had a monster season. What I don’t understand is why Harden still feels the need to talk about his personal achievements. Been there done that, its time to talk about bringing home championship now. This will shut the haters once and for all if he can achieve this and watch how narrative changes after that. Most tv personalities hate Harden and his game and want Harden to fail so that they can keep talking trash. Morey does not help either by comparing Harden to Jordan.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Narrative has two words in it, naïve rat.