1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Whataboutism]Have we ever seen anything like this before?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All the small gov and fiscal/economic tenets of Tea Partyism has been overturned or dropped by Trump.

It really was about rejecting a black president and the "culture" he representated.

2. foh

foh Member

At the next elections he'll be boasting "if I shoot a guy in a middle of the 5th avenue, not only will no one bat an eye, but somebody will finish the job by shooting that man's family in my stead - my cult is that loyal to me"

edit: now that i think about it, this is way too early to joke this way... fingers crossed for some sort of gun reform

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is an enemy of America. Best thing for the US and frankly the world would be for him to have a stroke that left him in a vegetable state. He'd be a far better president.

#23 Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    vlaurelio likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

26 times on that plane bound for pedophile island....

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You sound like a candidate for a homeland security list.

cml750 likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

In response overall to the continuous hateful screeds.... Some of you are just plain radicalized.

mick fry likes this.
  7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...who says Obama DIDN'T do all those things?:)

...I mean come on...

...any goof wearing a TAN suit to a White House press conference...

...(anybody remember those...?)...

...has got to have his sights set on ruling the world...:D:)

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was. That doesn't equal rape accusations. Do you have a list of the ones I didn't already reference?

But more relevant to the actual thread, how many were known while he was president? While he was president, I know of one accusation that was known. The accuser then changed her story and swore under oath in an affidavit that Clinton did not rape her and that he didn't even sexually harass her in any way at all. As far as the Epstein thing, almost every Democratic and left-leaning posters have supported prosecuting Clinton if there is evidence. They have supported investigating and trying to uncover the truth about Clinton and anyone else. That isn't turning a blind eye.

Trump has been accused multiple times and the one in connection to Epstein has an actual witness corroborating the accusation.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So rather than address the actual topic or discuss any of the specifics mentioned, you make a blanket ad-hominem attack. This isn't the first time. I enjoyed your response and responded in your racist thread when you actually did address specific evidence. I enjoyed even though you didn't respond to any of the rebuttals.

But it took weeks to get you to actually even respond. I'm not willing to keep hounding you to respond to the topics and do so with evidence and support for your claims. Either you are capable of debate and discussion or you aren't.

#29 FranchiseBlade, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Deckard, JayGoogle and havoc1 like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have not enough time or energy to respond to everyone since having a differing opinion means getting dog piled on every point. Interesting that you seem so bothered about my comment. Deep down are you feeling that perhaps you have become radicalized?

mick fry and Silent_Bob like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising coming from a white nationalist. I am sure you would love to have me put on some list.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've been radicalized for years. If you don't have the time or energy. I get it. I'll take that into account in deciding whether or not to respond to you.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, but his diet has to leave him vulnerable - the world needs him to go, ASAP.

DD

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and at that time trump was a HUGE clinton supporter who actually came out and defended clinton against those accusations and said all those women were liars.

then when he was running for president he brought those women to a debate and used them as a prop to knock down the clintons.

and you LOVED it, didnt you jorge?

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, considering some of the sources you've brought up on these forums before it's rich to me that you think others are radicalized and not yourself.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THis is something I wrote a few weeks ago in a discussion with a Trump supporting friend.
    You argue that trump is for “my self defense” but remember after Parkland he said we should take peoples guns without due process. He’s actually passed a gun control measure regarding bumpstocks. Congress blocked him from doing more. Trump and Obama have both done about the same regarding gun control and Obama never said he was going to take peoples guns without due process. You talk about “my freedom of association” “my freedom of religion”, “my freedom of speech” it’s telling that you say “my” and not “our.” This is the same president that has threatened to ban people from a major religion, has as a private citizen sued critics and advocated changing the libel laws to go after speech he finds critical. I noticed that you haven’t talked about some other fundamental freedoms such as due process and search and seizure where this administration has limited those. One of the key protectors of fundament freedoms is separation of powers. This president has shown both a disdain and hostility towards that idea. You say you don’t like the use of executive orders but since the other guy did it’s fire for fire. That’s not exactly a principled stand and what’s to stop the next Democratic President from doing the same thing or declaring a National emergency when he doesn’t get his way in Congress. You talk about that the left is attacking our history yet this is a president who not just misstates history but frequently lies about it. As for common identity what do you mean by that? Reagan’s farewell speech was about how diversity and immigration is our strength Trump started his campaign by calling Mexicans murders and rapists. You’re defining common identity as what you see as your background. This country has always been diverse in ethnicity, religion and thought going back to its founding.

A lot of this just scratches the surface of how Trumps actions are corrosive to our freedom and Constitutional principles. This is exactly how a con man works. He convinces you that he is fighting for you, that only he can protect you and most insidiously that his enemies are your enemies. You say that you are with Trump because he is for your freedom. This is transactional at best. Ultimately how much can you trust someone who’s only consistent principle is what benefits himself and his family to guarantee your freedom?

Deckard, jo mama and B-Bob like this.
  17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Wow...

Don't you guys understand that texx is the Tucker Carlson of clutchfans... His job is too you guys off the OP subject and you guys are doing the same thing as the dems.. just falling for the stupid BS bait that's thrown in front of you..

Texx probably, doesn't believe half the crap he post; but he sits back and cracks up when you guys take his bait.

T_Man

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That rubbed you the wrong way didn't it? You can tell a lot about a person by what they respond to. Usually when it applies to them. Tell me, what groups are you connected to?

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lying as always... you are subhuman trash too... always will be sweets...

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? Not sure why you think that, what silly logic too. I mean, look at what you respond to, you made a whole thread to defend Trump's racism... I just think it's ironic that you are calling other people 'radical' considering the sources you've linked. Especially good old Black Pigeon Speaks, the guy that thinks women shouldn't be able to vote, the guy you defended by saying, and I quote...

"Black Pigeon Speaks makes great videos and raises wonderful questions usually."

This is a guy that you used as a source. This guy that again, thinks women should have rights taken away from them among other various hard right radical positions.

Oh, and of course Lauren Southern, you know, the "journalist" that openly hung out with admitted white nationalists and sailed around the Mediterranean trying to sink refugee ships?

These are some of the radicals that you get your news from, that you cite, that you trust.

Deckard likes this.