1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings hire Luke Walton

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 13, 2019.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Definitely a slippery slope on matters like this. Yes, we don't definitively know if Luke did this or not. Main issue I have is, every time something comes out, there is always a group that immediately believes the accused is guilty; and there is another group that immediately believes the accused is innocent. All of this without any single shred of evidence presented one way or another. It sucks that as a society, we are now in a "___ said it, so it MUST be true" or "___ is accused, so they MUST be guilty"; when every now and then, the accuser turns out to be lying about it.

B-Bob, CriscoKidd, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't rule it out as a motive. She may have been on her way out like Jussie Smollett and this civil case gives her new exposure. Some reddit detectives looked into her instagram posts and she is apparently into some weird new-age healing.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Just as an aside, in a world where everything is increasingly political, such separation (into diff subforums) is increasingly difficult.

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Excellent post.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I believe her.

Williamson and durvasa like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

She may make it big on the lady sport circuit.

In the book Speaking of sexy vampire zombie dragons exposing corruption in the White House....have I got a book pitch for you!

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Please change the thread title to

"Kings hire alleged rapist"

Williamson and CriscoKidd like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Boo, say it ain't so?

The real thing that most people should take to heart about situations like this:

No accuer is immediately truthful
    No accused is immediately guilty
    The police never disbelieve one over believing the other
    Then the police begin collecting evidence and information
    (this is where regular people like us should just bow out)
    Guy gets charged
    .**** looks bad enough to get him suspended or not
    Then we hear about the conclusion many months later.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Alleged groper/ assaulter

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You apparently think Luke Walton is way more famous and important than I do. I don't think most Americans even know who he is. I can't even name any of Bill Cosby's accusers nor did I see any of them get any of these things. Who the hell wants to read a book about Luke Walton sexually assaulting someone? Man, I'm not seeing it. I think she just wants some measure of justice.

Patience likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Kings and the NBA have launched a joint investigation into the allegations levied against Luke Walton.
    Walton is being accused of sexual assault by a former television reporter, but he maintains his innocence, and the Kings won't be taking any actions until the conclusion of their investigation.

13. Xerobull

He was the head coach of the LA Lakers, an Ex-NBA player and the son of an NBA Hall of Famer. So in certain circles, no one is going to know who the F he is, but I guarantee this is a bigger deal in LA....and don't forget, those people think the universe revolves around LA. Yeah, she wants justice, and so do I, but she wants the brass ring, I guarantee it. 'Book Deal' is sort of a metaphor. In 2019, 20m Twitter Followers makes you rich.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If it happened Luke should be held accountable and thrown in the slammer.

With that said why is she making these claims 3 years later and after he gets fired from the lakers and gets a new job?

literally this comes out a week after he gets the Kings job.

I don’t ever know who to believe in these situations.

If it happens and you go to the police the next day that’s one thing but waiting 3 years later? Not like many victims haven’t done the same thing or waited longer and it was found true but something about this one seems off to me.

lilbird20, Hakeemtheking and tinman like this.
  15. Xerobull

Just found out she wanted Walton to write in her book, so I don't think an author writing a book is that far-fetched. A good writer can spin an entire 200 pages out of one afternoon encounter.

Gold, Jerry, gold!

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This was in the original reporting, and I also read that he had written for her or with her in the past. They had a prior working relationship.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kings' Walton says sex assault suit lacks facts

LOS ANGELES -- Sacramento Kings coach Luke Walton says sexual assault allegations against him are not backed up by facts and are designed to attract media attention.

Walton made his comments in a court brief filed Wednesday in response to a lawsuit by sportscaster Kelli Tennant. The lawsuit is filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, and the Kings and the NBA are jointly investigating the accusations.

Walton's court filing claims Tennant filed a lawsuit nearly five years after the alleged assault, which the brief calls a "pleasant encounter,'' after she quit two jobs and needed money.

[...]

Tennant's attorney, Garo Mardirossian, has said it's unlikely police would be able to put together a criminal case. Walton's lawyer, Mark Baute, has called Tennant "an opportunist, not a victim.''

The court filing from last week says the encounter was "very short, entirely pleasant and consensual," and did not include raised voices or groping. In the filing, Walton said he did not write a forward for Tennant's book and does not consider himself a mentor to her. They briefly worked at Spectrum Sports at the same time.

The court filing characterizes the meeting as "platonic in nature,'' and says Tennant was "entirely pleasant during the encounter.'' The filing also states Tennant waited beyond the statute of limitations to come forward and has no basis to seek economic relief from Walton because she quit her job at Spectrum Sports for reasons unrelated to him.

Walton is seeking for the lawsuit to be dismissed and Tennant to pay his costs and attorneys' fees.

Attorneys for Tennant and Walton could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Luc Walton was alone with her in the room and just spoke.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Completely forgot Walton is their coach now. No wonder Trevor is putting on a Kings jersey

[​IMG]

#runitback

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Luke Walton statement: “I am 100% focused on coaching the Sacramento Kings, and energized to work with this incredible group of players and coaches as we start the preseason. I will have no further comment.”

Sacramento Kings statement: “Luke Walton is our head coach and we support him and his team as they continue to prepare for the upcoming season.”