1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salaries of sports announcers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tiger0330, Aug 21, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Lisa salters could be high Bc she does MNF too

2. rockets13champs

Imo Jeff prob makes close to 300k a year calling games. Mike breen who works for MSG and Espn makes 500k annually

3. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm really happy for JVG, glad he's getting paid.

T-Mac on JVG last year.

#23 TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Bill Simmons is terrible smh. He doesn't really follow the sports but more the drama aspect of it. He seems sensitive & also makes it personal. Does he know sports?

5. Fantasma Negro

He only works collectively about three months out of the year

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

He knows basketball as well as anyone from a fandom standpoint, especially the history. He's very tuned into the NBA and with it being such a drama-led league it's hard not to follow the drama.

I don't really view him as an analyst, but I listen to his podcasts occasionally. Don't really get the sensitive thing, he's admittedly touchy about the Celtics since that's his team but otherwise I don't see it. I can see how some wouldn't like him though. Also don't really pay attention to anything he says with regard to the NFL, and I don't think he follows MLB or NCAAF.

biff17 and DreamQuake like this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

What does Max Kellerman make? That's what all of clutchfans want to know.

Amirite?

Jontro likes this.