1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greenland: To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I guess he thought it was like buying a golf course...:rolleyes:

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's looking to distract from the trade war and possible recession of the economy.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

Talk about a snowflake.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trump reminds me of a wannabe school bully...like Biff Tannen, from Back to the Future.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is yet another example of a Trump created issue that distracts from more serious issues. Trump proposes something from Left-field. People react to it predictably as something from Left field. Trump claims this is another example of how America, meaning himself, is disrespected, it takes up more airwaves and becomes another thing to get his base angry about. It also further helps that the target of his ire the Danish Prime minister is a women.

Complete distraction from warning signs on the economy, backtracking on his earlier rhetoric on gun control, that more people in Congress are leaning towards impeachment, NK is still testing missiles, he is trying to get Russia back into the G-7, and of course that practically every poll shows him trailing leading Democrats.

Nook and Deckard like this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A once funny publication that got woke and went broke. Appropriate.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That’s deep. Really deep.

Tell me more. Make me a believer.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wokeness is a cancerous ideology and it ruins everything it touches.

10. No Worries

What woke Mad Magazine up?

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. triggered.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You spend too much time here for someone who just plays a shtick.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's a purposeful distraction by the reality TV producer. Stupid idea knocks mass murder right off the front page.

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

People say it's a distraction, but I haven't actually forgotten my grievances on any of those other things. The high velocity of his offenses just gives me more material to resent. Maybe it works -- you can see how his approval ratings somehow change with the day's news. But I would have thought most people had their mind made up about him by now.

15. Buck Turgidson

Yet you brought it up first in this thread. Fun.

Deckard likes this.
  16. No Worries

Looks like someone got woke about wokeness.

Deckard likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not really. Just amused.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Someone asked me about Greenland in another thread. So I will go into it real quick below.

Buying it would be a great thing both economically and from a military standpoint. From an economic standpoint, this is oviously because of its rich resources, and it's easier trade route with Europe and the UK specifically. Militarily, its location to Russia would be both imposing and formidable. We lack ice breaker and an arctic presence. This could at least help close the strategic gap on this front. Can we afford it? No. Can we buy anyway? No, not for sale. Do I find it amusing and sad? Yes.

I do have to say if we really do want to buy it, or did, the way it was handled was poor. It shouldn't have been made so public because it is embarrassing to have something like that called absurd by Denmark. Now that said I don't think Trump canceled his trip to Denmark because he got mad he couldn't buy it. He canceled it because it would add egg to his face. I don't blame Trump for not going there after Denmark's leader, who honestly I don't even know the name of because that's how important he is on the world stage, basically scoffed the the U.S.. So yeah Trump shouldn't go to them because it is not OK to take that kind of rhetoric from a smaller, less influential state on the world stage. It would be considered weak and signal to other countries, and much larger ones, they can get away with that. For example China, Russia, Germany would risk further insult if they saw the President of the US taking an insult and still flying halfway across the word to meet with a second tier power. If you can even call is second tier. Still, Trump shouldn't have given them that opportunity to react that way in the first place. The blame falls on his shoulders.

JuanValdez likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh absolutely. Can't stand it. It ruins everything is touches and I don't mind pointing that fact out.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This actually is a credible theory. I thought the same, but can't prove it of course. It would be his MO. Say something stupid to get the press in a tizzy.