1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Tigers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly something needs to light a fire under these guys.

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

So who the hell is on the take? Biggest betting line in modern mlb history and we lose?!?

3. SemisolidSnake

I doubt it. I've never gotten the impression they have an actual leader on the team willing to stand up and hold everyone else accountable. I'd love for Verlander and Cole to call a batters-only meeting and be a fly on the wall during it.

everyday eddie and Rox Addict like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Terrible.

This team is terrible right now.

JV pitched great

Our hitters though. Against a complete scrub. At home. DAMNIT

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly, is baseball the sport where you want to "light a fire" under the players? It seems like a sport where being calm and collective matters more at the plate. Lighting a fire can just turn into overaggressive swings and strikeouts.

The Real Shady likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

This game was the absolute prototype of big headedness.

If you assume a win before the game starts, this is what happens.

It's time to start building confidence. Play every game like WS game 7.

7. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So what do you do when your team is really struggling?

8. raining threes

This game is on the lineup Hinch started.

AznH-TownFan and everyday eddie like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

There's still 30+ games left. Chances are the Astros go through more cold and hot streaks before the season ends. 30 games ago, they looked nothing like they do now. No reason to think they will look the same 30 games from now. How they play in August has no bearing at all on how they will look in the playoffs. The 2017 Astros went something like 11-18 in August, as an example.

texans1095 likes this.
  10. Major

Major Member

You just play through it. Same as every other team in baseball that goes through hot and cold streaks.

Agreed. Playing 5 all-star caliber players isn't enough against Detroit. If only we had 6 of them out there, it would have been totally different. We need to win every game so we should play everyone every day - if they are all dead tired and flame out in the playoffs as a result, no biggie. At least we can say we won some extra regular season games.

The Law likes this.
  11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

These losses aren't just losses, they're pathetic, shameful losses to the worst teams in the league that make you shake your head. The team looks like they barely care with no sense of urgency.

12. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

With Oakland help, I was expecting us to have the best AL record by end of tomo. This game suck ass as much as the one we lost to Balt 2 Sunday ago. We can’t lose to worse 2 teams in MLB while trying to gain home field advantage.

And having been there last 3 games with the nets up, there’s just no enthusiasm or excitement in the stadium at all. Don’t know if it coincidence or not but fans have been flat and team playing flat as well. Maybe we’re all just spoiled and waiting for the playoff time to come. Just my opinion.

BTW, the netting suck ass!!!

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jose rounding second, no hesitation:

[​IMG]

:D

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't care about the loss itself, you lose games even to bad teams, it happens.

But words fail me as to just how stupid those outs at 3rd were.

texans1095 and everyday eddie like this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

What a loser statement by Hinch. Sorry, theres absolutely no excuse for Robinson to make that last out in the 9th. He needs to take responsibility and make sure it never happens. Not this, "I know where they're coming from" bullshit.

18. SemisolidSnake

It's just inexcusable to saddle your pitcher with a complete game loss. Especially in this day and age where CGs are extremely rare. To do it against the worst team in the league adds insult to injury. They deserve all the derision they'll get for this and more.

19. SemisolidSnake

JV's too professional. Someone go find No-Filter Greinke and ask him what he thought about his new team's performance tonight.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

We've been Carbanaro Effected. That guy got us again. We were on a hidden magic camera tv show.

theimpossibles1 likes this.