1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pluto TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Has anyone see this? Pretty cool....

http://pluto.tv

It's also on Roku.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Excellent find. Its getting easier and easier to cut the cord.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is this free?

DD

4. Rockets34Legend

Yep, just pull up the site and you're watching TV. No strings attached....as for right now.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Looks like they aggregate free legal streams from the internet onto an easy to use format.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I see UFC on there. Do they show past fights and stuff like that? Looks interesting. Thanks for sharing, will try it out tonight if I can keep one eye open when I get home.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I believe there's some agreement language where you allow them to install some ad-based cookies. I don't know how similar or different that is from anything else.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, not originally as cool as I thought but still pretty cool. There are some channels that are just pulled youtube videos and played as "live" tv shows. Definitely not live but this kind of format does eliminate the search obstacle of finding something to watch- just pick a channel and have media fed to you continuously.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

is it similar to popcorn time but of streams instead? if yes, not sure how it lasts. i loved popcorn time :(

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's still alive bruh.

http://popcorn-time.to

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

damn i thought they killed it dead. for a while my app would never connect, i guess they brought up a mirror at some point.

12. tested911

tested911 Member

OMG thank you so much!!!!!

Are there any other sites like this?

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I was trying to boil this down mentally, and it basically appears to come down to the fact that we are capable of stealing all TV, and we are capable of delivering it at low cost ( streaming over the internet) , but we have not yet developed a unified delivery system that is so good it encourages mass stealing on a level so profound that forces the middle men out financially ( cable and commercials ).

The artist and producers at that point will still need to line their pockets to deliver high quality content. Is that possible?

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, because most viewers still need the rubber stamp of a network, directors/producers or certain actors to "invest" in a show. That last one might be the biggest hitch.

15. Rockets34Legend

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/pluto-tv-the-nfl-are-teaming-to-launch-the-nfl-channel/

Pluto TV & The NFL Are Teaming Up to Launch The NFL Channel

Today Pluto TV announced a new partnership with the NFL and its NFL Films team. This deal will bring new content from NFL Films and NFL Media to Pluto TV’s new NFL Channel 465. With the NFL Channel, you will find season recaps, documentaries, classic games, and more. This will also include past seasons of Hard Knocks and NFL 100 Plays of 2018.

“As a new football season is about to debut, we are incredibly excited to celebrate it with an all-new destination for those looking to relive unforgettable moments and programming from years past,” states Amy Kuessner, SVP of Content Partnerships for Pluto TV. “The addition of The NFL Channel on Pluto TV is a gift to our growing audience, a perfect addition to our burgeoning channel lineup and a testament to our love of the game.”

“We’re very excited to open up our library of classic games and memorable NFL programming to football fans through our dedicated NFL Channel on Pluto TV,” said Ross Ketover, Senior Executive of NFL Films. “As we celebrate the NFL’s 100th season, we know fans will enjoy discovering shows they may have missed, or reliving those unforgettable games and moments that make the NFL special.”