1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Tigers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

The Astros are perfectly capable of getting bodied by some of the worst teams in the league as we've seen recently. Nothing's ever a given.

I am encouraged by certain bats in our lineup coming more alive recently, though, and the bullpen did its job nicely tonight. Hopefully, morale stays high through ever more injuries, because that's what will decide these upcoming winnable games.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Rome wasn't built in a day in regards to Sanchez. Give Strom time to work with him.

The 2 good starts had people too high on him. He clearly has quality stuff, but pitch selection wasn't his only problem.

3. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I'm with you. The Yankees are freaks this year, seemingly incapable of losing no matter what happens. I suspect their willpower dwarfs our team's, but at least the Astros players know they're what they're going in against: a consistently tough team that will require their best game. If they respond in kind, they can win. The A's on the other hand...who knows? They're capable of just landing knockout punches out of nowhere, and they're the sort of team the Astros will absolutely continue to underestimate. A short series versus the A's doesn't give enough time for the Astros to pull their heads out of their asses if they take them too lightly.

mick fry likes this.
  4. AWIN

AWIN Member

Verlander ML -500 o_O

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How are the Astros underestimating Oakland? Prior to last weekend they were 9-2 against them. They lost 3 games, two of them in Oakland's last at bat.

6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

NYY swept us at home in the 2017 ALCS. Why would you rather play a superior, more talented, hungrier version of that team without home field advantage?? I also don't understand this fear of Oakland. If you're scared of Oakland, might as well be scared of Minnesota and Cleveland and Tampa and.... basically every other potential playoff team. Nope, take my advice, and root HARD for the Yankees to lose.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep...I'd prefer the Yankees lose to the A's since the Astros can take care of business against Oakland in their next series with them.

CheezeyBoy22 and Nook like this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Pardon my French, but this logic makes no ****ing sense. If you're weighing this last series against them with like a 10x multiplier, it STILL doesn't make sense. We DOMINATED Oakland prior to this little swoon we had, and even then, it took Oakland every bit of extra juice they had to get it done. We are ridiculously more talented than them, and we have playoff experience coming out of our ears. Stop overthinking this. We NEED the Yankees to lose....period.

10. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Oakland might be scary in the playoff with their bats but their pitching are not made for the playoff. Plus a heavy doses of JV, Cole and Greinke will be an issue for them and everyone else in the AL. We might have lost the series in Oakland last weekend but we also saw what JV and Greinke did to them as well. Saying that, I’m rooting for Oakland and Dodgers to sweeps the yanks this week. I want home field advantage throughout the AL playoff and don’t care if we have to go to LA for game 6&7 again.

11. SemisolidSnake

You're right. I was lazy and didn't do my research before posting. I'm just perpetually nervous about what Astros team is going to show up to any particular game.

12. AstrosRockets1818

Not at home ... we will be 7-3 worst case on this home-stand.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

So you think just a matter of underestimating the A's that we lose to them?

Seems legit.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Gotta love this.

Light. A. Fire. Under. Reddick’s. Ass.

Uprising likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

He can still cut a promo!

Uprising likes this.
  17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WHooooooooooo!

I hope the bobble head night and The Nature Boy light a fire under JJ's ass and he takes off through October!

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Lol that was a pretty cool video

Theking likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

If Reddick can't break out of his slump with WOOOOO! then I fear we've lost him for good this season. Woooo! No pressure.

Ric Flair Drip go Woo on a Pitch. I can't stop WOOOING.

Rodman23, Houstunna, Theking and 2 others like this.
  20. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

AJ is so cold!! No Reddick tonite. LOL

SemisolidSnake and jcee15 like this.