1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Matrix 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Aug 20, 2019.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

There’s been stirrings but now it’s official – a fourth “The Matrix” film is on the way from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures.

In even better news, three key talents – stars Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss and co-writer/co-director Lana Wachowski – are all returning. Reeves and Moss are reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity respectively while Lana will be directing this fourth film solo this time out along with co-writing the script with Aleksander Hemon and David Mitchell.

Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday, saying in a statement: “We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana. Lana is a true visionary – a singular and original creative filmmaker – and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

Wachowski says: “Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends.”

Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill with shooting aiming to begin in early 2020. The three previous films earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office – all three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

Source: Variety

http://www.darkhorizons.com/reeves-moss-wachowski-set-for-matrix-4/

2. Buck Turgidson

Blue pill.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can we cast Carrie-Anne Moss' lesbian secretary from Jessica Jones in it, too?

rockbox likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The blue pill is NyQuil and the red pill is DayQuil. Both are tasty beverages when you’re feeling sick from the the cold and flu. Take only as directed.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Normally I would say a trilogy failing so poorly in the last two movies has run out of material, but I think they have somewhere to go with the content. It would probably be better in someone else's hands, however, they've had plenty of time to rethink how this is going to end.

Clutch and Yung-T like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

please be good please be good

Yung-T likes this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Trinity died but I know standard rules don't apply in Matrix movies, so whatever.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Wachowski's have been pretty terrible since the First Matrix Movie. I think the first Matrix movie was so good because they poured their experiences and struggles with their genders (and sexuality?) into a full 2 hour allegory that I think went over people's heads until they started transitioning.

Now that they are comfortable with who they are, their movies and shows have been all over the place.

I'm down with revisiting the world of the Matrix and the characters, but I'm not sure the Wachowski will be able to rein it in to make a coherent movie.

9. Buck Turgidson

I'm one of the few people who really liked Cloud Atlas. But other than that...